AsiaChinaChengdu

An evenign at the opera

Chengdu Travel Blog

Woke up not in the best of moods my sore thought had kept me awake, combined with the wafts of smoke drifting into the carriage and the constant horking, spitting, coughing and sniffling of the locals to such close proximity, didn’t leave me guessing to why I thought I had a cold coming on, and the train being 2 hours late with constant piped music through the train speakers did not put me in the best of moods. We got to Chengdu eventually where Jonathan are guide, showed us to the bus and we got a bit of spiel on the way to the hotel. After a bit to sort our selves out we went out to a restaurant to have a group hot pot – a Szechuan dish full of lots and lots of oil. In the afternoon me and Ann (someone from the group) we walked down to the Wenshou temple and walked round the pretty gardens and temple complex. on the way back found a nice cake shop and got a cake. After a bit of a rest we went to the Szechuan Opera – in fact it was more like a variety show with solos on Chinese instruments, a girl doing acrobatics with tables and pots, shadow puppets and mask changers which have long held their secret trick which was all pretty amazing.

Woke up not in the best of moods my sore thought had kept me awake, combined with the wafts of smoke drifting into the carriage and the constant horking, spitting, coughing and sniffling of the locals to such close proximity, didn’t leave me guessing to why I thought I had a cold coming on, and the train being 2 hours late with constant piped music through the train speakers did not put me in the best of moods. We got to Chengdu eventually where Jonathan are guide, showed us to the bus and we got a bit of spiel on the way to the hotel. After a bit to sort our selves out we went out to a restaurant to have a group hot pot – a Szechuan dish full of lots and lots of oil. In the afternoon me and Ann (someone from the group) we walked down to the Wenshou temple and walked round the pretty gardens and temple complex. on the way back found a nice cake shop and got a cake. After a bit of a rest we went to the Szechuan Opera – in fact it was more like a variety show with solos on Chinese instruments, a girl doing acrobatics with tables and pots, shadow puppets and mask changers which have long held their secret trick which was all pretty amazing.

Chengdu