Trams, boats, trains and gadgets

Hong Kong Travel Blog

I decided that since I have never been here before and being on my own to get a tour of the some of the bits of the city wit ha tour company. Alas my hotel was first on the stop so I had to get up early. Any way after stopping off at a few hotel the first stop the Man Mo temple –very different form the temples I have been used to in Indochina. after that back on the bus and to the tram which went up Victoria peak with spectacular views of the bay, well if you imagined all the fog wasn’t  there and the rain. After that back on the bus down to Aberdeen and then onto a boat round a little fishing village lots of fishing boats, with some people living on them apparently there is very few of them left now so maybe the last chance to see it. Last stop was Stanley outdoor market which was pretty much just full of westerners and western cafe and restaurants before heading back and being dropped off back at hte the hotel.

After that I went to meet a friend of a friend – Alan  and took the MTR to Mong Kok. He showed me round a few camera shops I was looking for a DSLR and found a good price alas there was no international warranty, so slightly disappointed didn’t get it int he end We went for a drink together before he had to go off to a previous arrangement but suggested I go to Sham Sui Po. There I managed to get a new DS for a bargain price to makeup for the one I lost and went back to the hotel pretty chuffed with myself.