Pickeld Leaders, crazy bikes and a delicious meal

Hanoi Travel Blog

A reasonably late start today, after breakfast the group with our guide Houn an we walked down to Ho Chi Min’s mausoleum. There happened to have a load of what appeared to be many Vietnamese Veterans from the war in the in the line so the queue was pretty long. There seemed to be more security round the body then probably the current president probably gets. Eventually we got to the body β€“ remarkably well preserved-all that formaldehyde makes him look like he's sleeping and I kept felling that he would open his eyes at any moment. Any how went onto see his house and the pretty gardens surrounding it, and then a quick wizz though the museum and with all this information it seemed like he was a jolly decent chap, sort of. After walking back to the hotel a few of us a found this very Vietnamese restaurant that was pretty awful, incredibly loud took ages to get served β€“ I ordered Crap soup i assumed it was Crab but no it was actually a Crap soup it was like they had dredged the sea bed and I had a bowl of green seaweed with some bits of fish β€“ left rather hungry.

Got back to the hotel and a bout 2.30 an army of bikes came along with our guide. We went a ffairi bit see the video and gps track, but it safe to say being on a bike going the wrong way up the road and driving along the pavement is a lot more fun and safer then trying to cross the road as a pedestrian β€“ well not necessarily safer just less scary. We saw plenty of places included the lake where a B52 crashed into and another lake where John McCain landed in and was arrested After the tour I zipped down on the back on the bike to have a look at St Joseph's Cathedral β€“ and then zipped back β€“ even quicker after I gave the driver incentive to get back fro 7.00 the chap weaved in an out of cars like a rocket. Met the rest of group and we went to Koto a restaurant training disadvantaged people β€“ and I pushed the boat out a little and had 3 delcious courses including some of the best duck I have ever tasted, finishing off a pretty long day.

Motorcycle tour round Hanoi http:…
photo by: mario26