Off to Disneyland Cambodia

Siem Reap Travel Blog

Early start as usual and then boarded a bus for an incredibly long journey to Siem Reap. On the way we stopped at this rustic market and were swamped by children selling fruits and then the rushed off and returned with tarantulas all in their hands and two were placed on my t-shirt. They seemed very docile and not dangerous considering how the kids were playing with them. Two people out of the group returned with some beers and also some sort of fried grasshopper and the a fried tarantula which there seemed to be huge trays full of all around the market, and bravely ate them fortunately with no ill side effects. Back on the bus for more bumpy Cambodian roads, a stop off for lunch, our passes for the temple complex and eventually to the Angkor Way hotel (every hotel here is called Angkor Something)l in Siem Reap. A few of us jumped into a tuk tuk and made our way to the sunset temple (can;t remember its proper name) and walked up it with pretty much hundred of other tourists to see, the sunset sort of and plenty got some photos. We got back and the whole group went into town, and had a $1 meal – we also got $1 service as the waiter was pretty much useless forgetting to even ask me for my order and then managing to forget subsequently what it was. Then onto the Angkor What? bar for a few drinks and fishbowls, I left before it got messy however.

Siem Reap