The Museums of Luang Prabang

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

Up earlyish not as early as before and the entire group dropped off to the ethnology museum - a nice little museum A restored colonial goveren0ors house where our guide Mr K (as he refereed to him self gave us a little tour) . After that we walked into town and I sent off my postcards and went onto the web and proceeded to catch up on my blog entries. After an hour and abit I went into the Royal Palace Museum (Ho Kham) which aside from one big golden room - was rather unpalace like most likely looted in 1975  however the Prabang Buddha the statue the town is named after. Went to a little restaurant and has a not so traditional Laotian burger and chips - and a crazy man was trying to offer me cigarettes. After that I proceeded to go and have a bash and walking up to the Phu Si temple getting wonderful views - on the way back down saw plenty more Buddhas and a little cave shrine and I walked through what appeared to be a school for Buddhist monks (little ones). Had a bit more of a walk and waited for the others and filled out a students questionnaire and corrected it as well for her. Met up with the others had a buffet on the street corner (which caught up with me the next day), and back to the guest house.
Luang Prabang