AsiaChinaBeijing

Last Leg-Beijing

Beijing Travel Blog

I awoke incredibly early in the morning on the train and to my incredible annoyance someone had half inched my phone which was lying next to me in my bed under the sheets hmm the Chinese guy next to me had wandering hand when I watched him while I was awake. Well who ever stole my cheapo phone I hope they get the chesty cough (or worse). Any way we got cabs to the hotel (eventually) got there after the driver getting lost, and then after unpacking (for the last time!) went for a bit of an orientation walk before breakfast. Afterwards me and Anthony went down to the Temple of Heaven by the subway system. All in the park were lots of locals singing various Chinese songs, old ladies dancing, people playing hacky sack and hundreds of people playing cards. No surprises around all the famous sites where hundreds of people taking photos, after a disappointing walk through the thousand flower garden (there wasn’t a single one in there) we went back to the hotel and ate dinner at snack street. In the evening we met up with the rest of the group and we went to The Red Theatre – to see “Chun Yi he Legend of KungFu ” which was like a musical type thing with lots of choreographed fighting, acrobatics,swords music fighting, more fighting and some sort of story holding it together, all in all pretty impressive.

Beijing