Last Day in Xi'an

Xi'an Travel Blog

Got up late for a change and took the chance to have a lie in from all these early starts and took the opportunity to pack up and checkout. After missing breakfast I had built up an appetite which was a good job as a few of us went for the dumpling banquet – in what appeared to be a fairly expensive restaurant and had 16 different dumplings. Many where shaped like chickens and ducks. After that I went off by bus with somebody else and we went to the Wild Goose Pagoda – I wandered around the temple gardens it was pretty much same same but slightly different and then climbed up the seven stories of the pagoda (student card is very handy) and saw some huge view of the cityscape. We had a walk around thorough the park and manage to find the Shanxi Provincial Museum – which was free to get into and was pretty fantastic with lots of videos and artefacts and a few Terracotta Warriors inside for good measure. As we had to get back we took a cab p- and eventually one took us back to the hotel. Were we all met up and on to the bus through the heavy traffic to the station – well near it the buss driver stopped so far away it was a bit of hike to the station. We got on to our crowded train via the crowded station and settled down for the night.

photo by: Deats