Last Day in Hoi An

Hoi An Travel Blog

Monday morning I got up at a leisurely time and went to the post office sent some parcels (of souvenirs so I don’t need to carry them around) and some postcards and then wondered into the untrourist part to see if i could get one of my gadgets repaired and managed to get 1 of the 2, so bought a replacement for the other one. After that walked into town and saw the Japanese bridge which wasn’t particularly spectacular and a couple of presents for small items. I then carried onto a restaurant where I had booked a half day cooking course. I met a few more of the people on the people on the course, and we were split into two groups and shown around the market and show all the unusual fruit and vegetables. We then all boarded a boat and onto the Redbridge restaurant/cooking school place, on the way the guide offered us some river snails, tiny little snails which are incredibly fiddly to get out and incredibly gritty – so many missed my mouth and ended up on the floor. We got to the place and where shown the herb garden and then onto cooking with our entertaining chef, made plenty of dishes including rice paper spring rolls, Hoi An Pancakes and Claypot Egg Plant – all of which we got to eat, as well as steamed ocean fish and a sea food salad. After all this had a beer and a cool down in the pool before going back by boat to town from where I walked back to the hotel.
Hoi An