Summer farm-sitting

Rutherglen Travel Blog

me just back from bringing hay to the sheepies

And... a month later, I am still here!! Na, I'm just kidding. I think I am going to keep this as an on-going blog since I will be up here every now and again. We can all see how the farm experience changes as seasons change and time goes on!

Where have I been since I last posted? I spent the past month or so in Singapore; my mum flew me up to visit her as she lives there. I also went up to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia during that time to visit some family friends from Austria who manage a hotel there. But now I am back, Ali's parents have gone on a short holiday so I was up here to keep Ali company... but now that its weekdays, Ali's had to go to work so I am holding fort on my own for the first time!

Great fun, a fish got stuck in a hole so I spent this morning devising how I would get it out without having to climb in the tank as Al suggested and ended up using a pipe-and-net-contraption to get it out, then stuck a pipe into the hole so it wouldn't happen again.

Phew!

Then fed the sheep as usual, yesterday seemed to be running a lot more smoothly as nothing went wrong - today the back of the trailer decided to fall open just as I was feeding the ewes so I had to gun it back to the house to get a rake to even out the all the feed that had fallen in one big heap! Not everybody would have been able to reach the food and we all know that would have been a cause for chaos in sheep world.

Kate brought her grandpa and another old guy up to poke around in the fish shed for a bit earlier so that was fun. It has not been too hot today, 36 max apparently which is great compared to the last three days where it has been 40 up here!

Other than that, Tippy and I have just been bullying the new puppy Yambo seeing as old shoes will not suffice; and she feels the need to eat people and other dogs!

I'll post photos soon, just have to get them on the computer some how.

me just back from bringing hay to …
me just back from bringing hay to…
Rutherglen