Lucky Bastard

Berlin Travel Blog

So during my stay in Berlin, I ended up collaborating with eps51 on a couple of billboards that will accompany an exhibition in Berlin about Cairo, ingeniously titled Cairo Scape. The way it all came about is quite funny, because we only ended up doing it because one of the Egyptian artists involved in Cairo Scape had bailed out, and I only ended up getting involved with the eps51 boys because I just so happened to be there at the time. Quite funny the way things worked out.

We had lots of fun working on the boards, which I suppose I can upload after the exhibition is over.

I really enjoyed Berlin, super friendly people, gobs of fun, great sense of humor, plenty of delicious junk food places any time of the day, and I don't mean fucking McDonald's; I'm talking the Burger Meister, China Box, little Italian pasta & pizza places, grilled chicken, real Lebanese shawerma, Halomi cheese wraps, and humongous falafel sandwiches with fresh mint! Loved the late night parties and the warm weather, and of course Ben & Sina's generosity and hospitality, letting me crash at their place and cramp their style for nearly two whole weeks.

I am now back in Rotterdam, and although simply seeing the Dutch landscape on the train ride back made me feel happy-happy everywhere, the sunless sky and harsh winds in Rotterdam today can make it quite depressing.

dutch landscape