The Second Day In Toledo

Toledo Travel Blog

Sunday proved to be a better day in the city, although I still encountered surly locals.  Why they are like this when the town seems to depend on the tourist trade I do not know.

Hospital de tavera was a bit of a walk out of the ancient part of the town but the guided visit through its old pharmacy, art, libraries, all in Spanish, was excellent.

The Mezquita was closed for repairs as was the Alcázar and Museo del Ejército - all of which I had most wanted to see.  The Alcazar has been closed for over 2 years I understand.

Museo de Santa Cruz is worth a visit, free and has many wonderful paintings and over pieces of art.

The Sinagoga De Santa Maria La Blanca was another overpriced 5 minute visit.

Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes was far better than the catedral.  The architecture, the paintings, the sense of peace in the building were fantastic.

Took a ride in the tourist train around the city which was a weight of the feet. And went around the town giving a different perspective.

McDonalds had air-conditioning and was the best place for lunch it was 38 degrees by then.  Funny to be able to drink a beer in a MCDonalds though.

Overall I have seen Toledo but for me I only need to see it once.

But that is part of the travel experience.
Toledo