I Finish The First Week in Granada

Granada Travel Blog

I finished my last class for the first week and felt what a big and long week it had been for me.  My head hurts but the best thing today was asking a couple of questions in my super-intensive class that did not need correction and that everyone understood and could respond too.  Man that was good!!

My classmates have been doing it hard at the tapas and bars until 3-4 in the morning and struggling home to get up for class at 9 and that means quite a bit to get to class particulalry if they share bathrooms in their homes.  Unfortunately I could not join them as I was still unwell and had taken to resting in the evenings.

I went to El Corte Inglés.  Mostly mean in fine suits behind the counters.

Dirk the german in my class and I have swapped numbers to maybe go out one night but he is nursing a hangover and it may be a while.  But he will be on my trip tomorrow.  (Just now there is great thunder and heavy run in the city it is very wet since last night)

Last night Josefa and I used each others glucose monitors and compared readings.  She makes sure that everything is ´sin azucar´´.  She made a wonderful lentil tomato and potato soup stew which I enjoyed very much.  I sat down with Andres and we watched Atletico Madrid beat Espanyol 2-0 which Andres was happy with as he is a Madrid man which is most of Granada.  He is very hard to understand but is a nice man.  The spanish people are very nice they are a tactile and touch you often but it is non threatening.  The french boys left this morning  a great bunch one whom I am sure will be in the movies the way he gurns his face.

nanipu says:
Hehe I know what you mean about your head being sore from so much Spanish =P but yes it is very rewarding to improve listening and speaking skills for a foreign language. =D

El Corte Inglés! haha I don't remember the workers wearing suits. I don't remember seeing any El Corte Inglés in Salamanca. I saw it in the other cities I've visited in Spain as well as Lisbon, Portugal.
Posted on: Sep 12, 2008