The End of the 2nd Week in Granada

Granada Travel Blog

I finally get to walk through the narrow streets of Granada.

One of the things that I am not used to yet is walking home after the school day at about 3.15 in the afternoon and finding that most of the shops are closed except for eating places.

Today Josefa, as usual, cooks a great Andalucian lunch for me.  Beans, potatoes stew, strongly coloured with saffron, followed by her home made croquettes, along with the usual bread and salad.  I have been so fortunate in my homestay.

A good friend told me not to worry about my foot and being out of action.  He said that he could imagine me sitting on the bed worrying, no not worrying, lamenting the lost time. But he could also imagine me charging about the place like a madman in the mid day sun. So he said take a break and that he was sure a Spaniard would take to his bed for a day or two no problems in the same situation. He then said that as I had a sore foot I should take a cab to school or steal a bicycle. In fact he believed that all students steal bikes in Europe and it is practically not against the law, I just had to learn to say "yes officer this bike is mine" before trying it.

So with that encouragement and after a little siesta, I finally managed my first walk through many of the streets just exploring and I found it neat city.  The streets are very safe families out walking about; yes, you see the odd person begging but there is no real threat.

I finally get to walk through the …
I finally get to walk through the…
Granada