I Hate Needles

Seattle Travel Blog

After coming off the plane and making our way by train to the terminal we were met by my friend’s daughter (from Alaska) and son-in-law (from France) for an intimate trip around Seattle.  Since I had wanted to see the famous open air market (where they throw the fish) our first stop (after taking the tram from the Space Needle to downtown) was the famed open air market. After making our way several blocks down hill (uphill on the way back, OUCH!!!) we literally crashed into the marketplace where I was amazed at all the different kinds of merchandise that was for sell (from seafood, to painting, to flowers, (you get the idea).

The bad news was that what I wanted to see (the fish throwing) was not happening, I don't know if it was the large crowds, or just the workers weren't into it that day (which was against everything I saw on the videos). We meandered our way through the crowd finally coming to a stop at what I think were the original Starbucks and the band playing on the walk in front of the store. It was almost impossible to take a picture getting everyone in because you couldn't get back far enough because of the cars and people all trying to vie for the same openings in the street. It was almost as if cars shouldn't be allowed to drive through because of the masses of people going to the market, or just taking in the sites.

After trudging back up the hill and into the Tram we got off in front of the Space Needle, which with the sun shining off of the restaurant above made it hard to get pictures of (and believe me, I was ready), so we mostly took pictures through the trees, and at different angles trying not to shoot into the sun (cardinal rule of photographer). We shot everything  from the Ferris wheel to the merry-go-round trying too get that "perfect shot" that would get me published in every trade and travel journal known to man (no phone calls yet).

After having lunch at one of the posh clubhouses in the area we spent the rest of our time playing soccer and basketball (what was I thinking) before heading back to the airport for our planned destination "Juneau Alaska".

Seattle