Love Liguria!

Liguria Travel Blog

Rapallo

I could already tell you that i love Italy but after this trip i can tell you that i really love Liguria! I think this region of Italy is really beautiful, maybe the most beautiful one of Italy. It's not full of tourists like Florence, Rome or Venice so we could truly enjoy the beautiful landscape and villages. We stayed in Rapallo, a village with about 50.000 inhabitants with a nice centre. There's a small beach for those who like to have a lazy day but we preferred to discover the surroundings. One day we went to Portofino which is maybe the most beautiful village i've ever seen. The colors of the houses near the harbor, the big yachts and the beautiful nature are an amazing combination.

The colorfull houses in Portofino
I think we spend hours on the bench on the pier, just enjoying all this in the sun!

The other day we went driving to the Cinque Terre. For those who have never heard of it, the Cinque Terre are 5 little colorfull villages built on cliffs and rocks. These villages and the national park where they are in, are on the Unesco World Heritage List. I can tell you, they're on it for a reason! The view of these villages that you have, while driving in the landscape is really amazing. The contrast of the colorfull houses, the green palmtrees and winefeelds and the deep blue medditeranean is amazing! We really loved it! Unfortunately, we couldn't visit one of the villages because the villages were full of tourists, literally. The cars of the tourists were parked everywhere for miles around the villages. For this reason, officers told us it was impossible to visit one of them, so we only enjoyed the view from a distance.

In the evenings we enjoyed walking on the boulevard of Rapallo and having dinner in one of the many great restaurants. The food in Liguria is so nice! Especially the seafood! It's fresh and simple, but that's the best i think. We also found a great winebar, next to the sea, where we could enjoy the sunset with a glass of wine and some olives. It was just perfect. Wish i was there again....

Africancrab says:
Thanks for shaing, I enjoyed reading your blog
Posted on: Feb 17, 2010