Update on Nicaragua

Las Penitas Travel Blog

Ok well, i have not written on here for a while and that is because well i have not been too well. We decided to go to Las PeƱitas for a few days which is sposed to be about 20 mins away from Leon, but is actually around 45 minutes! We arrived there and had already decided where we was staying, a place called La Samaki.net. We was told about this place by the guy who runs lazy bones. When we got there we was greeted by a lady, who was very nice and polite. She showed us to our room which was very nice and spacious, only thing i was not majorly keen on was there was no door on the toilet or shower, they was just open in the sides of the room. I didnt really think much of it though! She told us to settle down and then come out to her to have a chat bout things. This we did....... wow this lady could talk!!!! I think we must have known her whole life story in about um well... 30 minutes! Anyway.. we had a little walk round the village, dipped our legs in the water! I mean the beach itself was so nice! Just the waves were extremely dangerous so no way was i jumping in there, so we just walked round in the shallow part!

When we had got back the lady asked what we wana eat, i tell her im a veggie so im told already what i will be having for the next 4 days...... all of which sounded ok. We got ourselves settled in a bit i had to have a lie down as it is now by this time soo hot! Nicaragua is hot anyway but this place had no where to go to hide from it all! When we came out for dinner she had already dished out a veggie curry for me and my friend! And ill be honest i did wold it down and thought i was enjoying it, that night it turnt bad on me.... and i was so ill! Now my first thoughts was it was the food.... but now i am thinking that it was possibly the water from the sink that i was brushing my teeth with! Seeing as it was warm and tasted sulpher like! YUK!! Anyway the next few days were horrible even worse that it was my friends birthday and she had to look after me! :(

We stayed there i think 4 days then just had to get away from it all... i was not getting any better and she was insisting that i ate everynight! Even asking why i was not drinking alcohol!!!!! durrr..... im ill! They offered us a lift top Leon as they was going there... so we accepted, that was very nice of them. And now here we are again back at Leon, im now better back to my normal self, and i have to admit im glad im away from there now. :)

Las Penitas Hostels review
Ok well this place is a nice one to stay, but.... it does depend if you liek your space. We ended up staying here for around 5 days and this was not o… read entire review
Las Penitas