This is the Rhythm of the Night...tour

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

Hi!

After getting crazy the previous night, all of us woke up really late. Well, not too late, just later then we usually would. We had a tour to go to this date, but it was during the night time.  We had plenty of time to sleep in.  I woke up to a couple of people already up. Gaby, Lizette and Syndia were already making their breakfast. I had cereal.  Since this day we weren’t really doing nothing during the day, I wanted to relax by the pool. The only people that joined me were Gaby and Yvette. Everybody else didn’t want to get that much sun. I welcome the sun rays! We get down there and get all lathered in sun block. Again, tanning lotion on my legs.  I get in the water and so do Gaby and Yvette. We were maybe in there for no more then 10 minutes when I noticed the girls had come down.

What's up?
But they were wearing their pj’s. They didn’t come to join us. They came with some news. It was the day of the 5.8 earthquake. I swear, my heart dropped. The first thing that I thought of were my nieces and nephews. I was hoping that everything was ok with everyone I knew. The other person I was worried about was my friend from work, Erika. She gets really scared. Like, frantic!

Right away all three of us got out of the water and grabbed our things. We went up to the room to see how bad it was. The other girls went to purchase calling cards and call their families from a public phone. Gaby followed them soon after. Yvette and I called our mom from her cell phone.

Cheese!
At first, it was really hard to get thru, but soon after our phone call went through. My mom answered and she happened to be at the baby sitter. I had left her my phone and she left it at home and her phone didn’t have the babysitters’ number.  After the earthquake she had left work to go and see how the kids were and luckily that is when we spoke with her. We heard the kids in the background and they didn’t sound traumatized, so my sister and I were relieved. The call was brief, no longer then 5 minutes because of the cost. But it was worth if for our piece of mind.

We didn’t go back to the pool. Even though we hadn’t felt it, we were pretty shaken up about it.

Something is on her tooth!
We decided to stay in and just relax in an air conditioned room. That was nice. We were all relaxing and I think I took a nap. I don’t remember if I did or not. All I know is that we started to get ready to leave at about 3 pm or so. For 8 girls, a couple of hours to get ready are needed! And every minute was used! We left the room to catch a taxi. We were heading out to the Marina. The price to get in the marina is $1.50 pesos which I was warned about, so it was no surprise.
???????
We got our tickets to our boat tour. This also happened to be a get your drink on tour, which is good. We waited, I don’t know, maybe like half an hour to forty five minutes before we left the marina.  This boat ride was excellent! The weather was really nice. It was a bit cloudy, but not enough that we were afraid of a storm coming up on us! No, none of that! The first round of drinks came and of course, the girls ordered beer and micheladas.  I am not a big beer drinker but I got a cup of it cause I didn’t want to be left out. We were sitting in the back of the boat and didn’t have a clear view of the front which is where the crew was entertaining the crowd. I was also viewing the birds flying by and there was this one bird that was flying next to the boat, but it looked so funny because it looked like if it was flying in slow motion. I needed to get a closer look. Well, I’ve never been one to be able to walk straight on a floor that moves. So instead of walking to a side bench, I stumbled my way to the side bench to look at the coast and take pictures of it and the bird.
what you talking about?
  I was there for maybe five minutes before a worker came by and handed me a cup of beer saying that my friends told her to make sure that I had a drink. I looked at her with eyes that said “But I don’t want this!” and she understood, but she shrugged and said “talk to them, they want to get you drunk!” I shrugged back and drank my beer while enjoying the view. I went back to sit with the girls after a bit and we took some pictures.  We passed Los Arcos and about 30 an hour later we were at our destination, Las Caletas.

We were excited to finally get there. This place was so beautiful! I loved it! It was very peaceful and very, very jungle looking! We made our way to the show, but a few of us needed to take a potty break.

The restrooms looked like tiny huts! Really cute!  We made our way to the stage area; we had a group picture taken with a couple of performers and then we took our seats. The performance was very nice! The story thru my eyes was a love story! Very lovely and great live music being played. The performers were awesome! The show may have been approximately an hour or so. I highly recommend it.

Once the show was over we went and had our dinner. The tables had candles and that was basically all that lighted the entire restaurant. There were no electric lights at all. It was really nice! The food was excellent! We had a choice of chicken, steak or shrimp.  They also had fettuccini pasta, and that was very delicious! I served myself seconds on the pasta, so did some of the girls.

Well, it was that good! And of course there was also fruits and salads. To drink I had a Mai Tai and a squirt.  I didn’t really want to drink because what if I fall from the boat on the way back? WHAT IF THAT HAPPENED? Well, it didn’t happen.  I’m exaggerating, I just didn’t want to drink.  Yvette had three plates in front of her!  And they were filled high! She had a freaking hill of food on each of those plates. She said that when the workers would pass by she would start picking from all the plates so that they knew that she was eating from all of them and wouldn't take them.  But she did eat all of what she had! Well, she left half of the food on one plate. Then we sat there at our table and enjoyed the more natural rhythms of the night and had wonderful conversation.

And then the bell rang! The bell to go back on the boat that is.

We didn’t have a chance to explore the island, but not that we could really see because it was really dark. What I did enjoy was seeing the fireflies. That was cool! On our walk back to the boat we saw a frog, oh, and it started to rain. It was also windy. I love the rain! We then got to the dock. The water was really choppy! It was crazy! I thought I was going to fall. I swear the crew of the boat had a human chain going on. They are used to the motion so they weren’t even budging. Some people were sliding when they were walking on deck. Luckily, I did not slip! But it was really close! I almost did! The boat was not steady at all! The rain stopped shortly after and the crew started entertaining again. They were funny.  They preformed music from Grease and the Blues Brothers. They even dressed up for the show! During the show I decided to go up to the 2nd level. Yvette and Diane joined me. I hurt myself climbing up the steps and I even got a bruise on my shin.
It hurt! But I forgot my pain as soon as I was up there. It was beautiful! The sky was clear of clouds and the stars were out and shining! I enjoyed the wind blowing thru my hair and messing it up, but I didn't really like the tangles it created. It was ok, though. I was enjoying the freedom I felt, the serenity that the feeling gave me.

Then we reached the marina. Time for our tour to come to an end. We then caught a taxi and went to our hotel. We didn't go out this night, but we didn't need to. We were all content.

patirkc_AAA says:
Awesome post! Las Caletes near Vallarta is a great place to spend a day and night.
Posted on: Nov 10, 2015
Whats up?
What's up?
what you talking about?
enjoying the wind in our hair!
enjoying the wind in our hair!
the bird!
the bird!
I was there!
I was there!
our entertainers. not a good pictu…
our entertainers. not a good pict…