Let's Ditch the Beach Boy!

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

Disney Cruise!

This morning we were going on our booze cruise. It was called Beach Boy. We were out of the hotel by 9:30 in the morning! Ugh! That tells you we woke up super early! So off to the marina we go. So does another 150 pesos to enter the marina. The boat was supposed to be off at 10 in the morning. We are off to a late start since it is almost that time. We get our passes to the boat and we were told to wait. The workers would be calling us at 10. Well, ten came and went, so did ten thirty.

riding the waves!
At eleven, we were finally called! An hour late! Well, we decided to ignore the tardiness and just keep smiling! We took our picture, which was nice when we viewed it. It was so nice, we bought it. Then we took our seats. We were given fruit, juice and sweet bread. Nice start. Then we were on our way. We were heading to Los Arcos to snorkel and then to some other beaches to relax and hike to view a waterfall. I do recall that the last stop was Las Caletas which is the same beach that we had stopped at for the Rhythm of the Night tour.

Off we go! It was really nice, being on a boat again.

chilling
We were enjoying ourselves; having a great time. We all had been anticipating this trip the entire week! It was going to be our “Let’s get drunk voyage!” But it was too early to get started with the alcohol. Lizette was feeling a bit sick so even though she was talkative we could all tell she was not well. But I got to give it to her, she’s a trooper! We noticed that the boat was slowing down. Apparently we waiting for a small motor boat to reach us because there are other pick up spots and more people were coming on board. Just so you know, the ocean was in a mood and the water was super choppy! Then we were on our way again. But we were going super slow, and we were all feeling the rolling of the waves. Then we stopped again. And another boat came up and threw something at a worker.  It must have looked really suspicious because then the police came up to the boat and asked to speak with the captain. We were all asking what the heck was going on.
Well, they just asked if there were any motor problems. There wasn’t. Even after they left we were just there not moving whatsoever. There was another pick up happening at another hotel. We were literally there for over an hour with no entertainment. Two of my friends were busy getting sick, two had fallen asleep to avoid getting sick and two more were feeling like if they would be getting sick as well. I, fortunately, was not one of them. But just looking at them was pissing me off! This was not part of the description of the trip. And my friends were not the only ones. There were a few other people that were not happy at all!

Well, finally we were moving again.

We reached Los Arcos, which on our last boat trip we reached in maybe half hour. On this trip it took us almost 2 freaking hours! The company also provided snorkel equipment for us to use. They did provide it, but they cleansed the things right in front of us and they used something that does not disinfect, just made them smell nice to make us think they did. I didn’t use it. I only used the life vest. I honestly was getting disheartened by all of this. They also told us that we only had half an hour or so to snorkel and that the current of the ocean on that spot was really strong. Syndia, Yvette and Lizette went out and braved the water. I was thinking about that movie with the sharks, Open Water. So I was going to go, but then I said no. But then Gaby and Cynthia were going, so I said ok again. We were waiting in the line to go down into the water, but that line wasn’t moving. What we ended up doing was stepping up some steps and jumping from the side of the boat.
the other people
I tell ya, when I landed in the water all that kept running through my mind was the Jaws theme song. And the crew of the boat was right. The current was strong. I could feel it pulling me away. So I started swimming towards the back of the boat and from the side to the back it must have taken me approximately ten minutes. On my way there, Lizette was swimming back towards the boat as well. If you remember, she was one of the sick ones. Well, she was very weak trying to get back. She was fighting against the current and she couldn't do it anymore. Cynthia helped her on the boat, I was having some difficulty with my life vest, so I wasn't that much help but we all made it.

Back on the boat we were actually feeling very refreshed.

Los Arcos
They had started to serve alcoholic drinks. I had rum and coke. What I really wished for was an Alabama Slammer! My favorite, but that was not going to happen! I mentioned this to Syndia and a married couple that were sitting next to us looked at me. The wife smiled and I said, "You know what I’m talking about, don't you?" She smiled and said yes. We then started talking. I do not remember their names, but I do know that they live in Las Vegas. They are a really nice couple, very funny, too! The husband was from Wisconsin and a GREENBAY PACKER fan (just like I am!). We started talking football.
Then these other three guys started talking to us as well. They had driven all the way from
Chicago to Zacatecas and then from Zacatecas to Puerto Vallarta. I was shocked. That was a super long drive! Their names are Noel, Jesus and Edwin. Noel and Jesus were super sick as well. I felt bad for all of them! We arrived at the first beach which we would then have to hike up to view a waterfall. You had the option of hiking or riding a horse. But to get to shore, we had to get on small motor boat.
I was on the first boat heading to the shore. So were the sick people. But the good thing about that is that they didn't get sick while on there. When we finally got to shore, Diane, she was really sick, said that she didn't want to go back on the boat. She was done! She didn't even want to do the hike to see the waterfall. She was really, really sick. I stayed with her while all the other girls went on the hike.

While they were gone, Diane and me were just chilling. I was taking pictures and then this man tried to sell me some silver bracelets. They were nice, but I wasn't buying any. It was really peaceful because we were sitting in front of the beach and just enjoying the solitude.

Getting ready for snorkling
We weren't the only ones that stayed, but we were at the very corner and nobody was around us. People started coming back from the hike maybe like 2 hours later. When the girls finally came back we were able to give the ticket for our food. The food was actually really good. I had chicken, actually, we all did. Only two people got the quesadillas. After we ate Gaby saw some hermit crabs, really tiny ones, and brought them to the table. They were so cute! In the meantime, Jesus and Noel were looking for transportation back to PV because they were so sick, they were not getting back on the Beach Boy. Diane was saying that she would go with them because she wasn’t getting back on either. Syndia said that she would go with them, too, but only because she wasn't going to let Diane go by herself. Out of all of the girls, only those two were going to leave because everyone else was short on funds.

We had said we would see each other later because it was time to head back to the Beach Boy and head on to the next beach.

after jumping off the boat
While we were standing there, this group of people decides that they are going to jump off the walkway into the ocean. They are waiting for the crew to be distracted. So we are in line and then a girl from that group says, "If I don't start this, these guys will never go" and she runs and jumps into the ocean. Then one by one the guys jump in after her. It was pretty funny! I know I was laughing. So we are waiting for our turn to get on the boat when Syndia comes and tells us that she found a water taxi and that he would take us back to PV for eleven hundred pesos. Split between us that's $10 each of us because that would also include the guys and so we all thought about it again. Needless to say, we ditched The Beach Boy and headed back to PV on a water taxi. I've got too say, this ride was much better, smoother and we had fun. We did have to make a pit stop to get some gas, and during that stop I was thinking, WHAT IF THIS LITTLE STOP TURNS OUT LIKE TURISTAS, but it didn't.
Hi Mickey!
I have an active imagination. I should stop watching those movies. Anyway, the little town we stopped in was so cute! I don't remember the name of it, but take my word for it. Then we stopped by Los Arcos again but we didn't dive in, we would have tipped the boat over if we did! Plus, we didn't have any life vests. Good thing I know how to swim. We were in PV maybe 20 minutes later! And he even dropped us off at the guys’ hotel which was FiestAmerica. We hung out at their beach and pool. We even had a volleyball game going on. We had a good time. We were glad we had ditched the Beach Boy. We had to get out of the pool because it started to rain and because there was some lightning going on. We didn't want to get electrocuted. But it was awesome! We even planned on going to dinner later that night with them.

When we left their hotel, we decided to take the bus back to our hotel.

Waiting
It was cheaper then getting a taxi. Syndia, since she had already driven a taxi, wanted to drive the bus. She asked the bus driver if he would let her drive, well the driver started slowing down and all of us yelled out "NO!" and the rest of the people on the bus were laughing. I think he was just messing around, it was funny. When we got to the room we all relaxed for a bit. I went out to the balcony and it was raining freaking hard! Really hard! Then we all got dressed and went to dinner. Lizette stayed in the room because she was very tired. We met the guys in the lobby and then went to eat at Rico Mac Taco; at least I think was the name of the place. It was really good.  We didn't really spend a lot of time there, just to eat and then leave. Elizabeth, Gaby and Syndia ended up going back to the room because they didn't want to go and party, but Yvette, Diane, Cynthia and I went back to Mandala. I tell ya, we couldn't get enough of that place. Well, we were able to get in for free again because we went through the side entrance where the guys were at the door.
waiting some more
The front of the club was where the ladies were carding and I knew they wouldn't let other girls in for free. Yes, we were being sneaky! The guys had to pay, though. This time there were people dancing and we didn't have to start anything, so that was different. I had a couple of drinks while Cynthia and Diane had more then a couple. They were wasted. We were standing there when all of a sudden Alex passed us and we were really glad to see him. He was the kid we had met the first time we went to Mandala. He's so funny! Well, he stayed for maybe a minute or two and then he left. We kept on dancing and talking and after maybe an hour or so he came back with Marcos. They were so drunk. He showed us his fake ID and the picture did not look like him at all. I swear he was our own McLovin! But he hung out with us the rest of the night and like that first night, he had us laughing. They were both so ridiculous! Alex showed us the dance moves he created, which by the way are super funny! He said that anytime he makes one up, everybody wants to copy him.
He had said he wasn't leaving the club until 5 in the morning. Next thing you know he comes up to me and says he has to leave because his friend got kicked out for touching the leg of one of the dancers. Ridiculous! But we said our good byes because that was the last time we would see him. We left maybe half an hour later which was about 3:30 in the morning. Once in the room we all knocked out, but we were very glad that we got to see Alex and Marcos again. Oh, and before Alex left, my sister asked him to give her something to remember him by and he gave her his school ID. Turns out he was in middle school! He must have been like 15 or 16 at the most! They were crazy!

blurbmoi says:
I love snorkelling!!! Hahaha, so cute, looks like a sea of fishes! joke!:-)
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008