Hasta Luego Puerto Vallarta!

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

luggage all ready to go

This was a truly sad day. After being here for an entire week you would think we would be happy to get back to our lives. Well, I can only speak for myself, really, but I wasn't too happy! I didn't want to leave. But boo hoo, right? I had to go. I did miss my nieces and nephew. A lot! They are what keep me sane in my life. I woke up and started to pack all of my things. I even put some stuff in to my sisters luggage. I didn't leave with more things then what I came with. It was the fact that I packed more things then I was supposed to and my sister didn't, so she had a lot of room in her luggage and I snuck some stuff in there. She was irritated with me, but she didn't toss them out. After everybody was done packing, we went to the table where we had our first drink and sat there.

last view out the window
  A few had one last beer and then we were off. Our flight didn't leave until 4 but we didn't want to leave our luggage with just anyone. So we decided to go to the airport. And it was 12:30 so we were there super early!

When we first got there, we had to wait for each other because we took seperate cabs. Two per cab! When we were all together, we walked in and were looking for Delta Airlines. There was a super long line that we decided to jump into thinking we were right! None of us thought to ask which airline that line was for. We really weren't there for waiting for a long time. A few girls had walked to the gift shops while a few of us, me included, stayed in line. I don't know what made me question if we were in the right line, but after 10 minutes I asked the people in front and they said it was for another airline.

last view out of balcony
I don't remember which one. I went and asked a worker to see if they knew where Delta was and it was right in front of my face! That other airline was next to Delta! We were fooled! On the plus side, there was NO line for DA! So there we are back and forth dragging our luggage from one line to the other. And we had extra ones to drag because again, some girls had left to see things. I had to waive my sister down because she is blind even when she wears her glasses! I don't know why she wears them! They don't help her. But even though there was no line, it took forever! I swear we were up there for about an hour! And most of that time was spent with the workers who check the bags! And then my sister and I get to the front to check in and what happens? The system goes down.
sad faces
I really think it was the guy that just wanted to keep us there talking to him some more. He was laughing at us, we were acting dumb.

But then the system came back up and we were checked in on the flight. We had more then a couple of hours to kill! It was crazy! We went to Vallarta Adventures to pick up the disk of the Canopy tour pictures the girls had taken. My sister and I went to a gift store and she got my nephew some stuff. Then we went to Starbucks. I did stop by this purse store and saw a purse that I would have bought but I restrained myself! It was turquoise and really cute! I loved it! I was going to different book stores looking for Breaking Dawn from the Twilight series, but we were not in the states that day which was the release date.

what...
I was just hoping that they would have that book so I could read on the flight. We all then went through security and started towards our gate. We stopped at a restaurant called Wings because Gaby wanted to grub. Boy did she ever! She got this big burger with fries and I don't remember what she had to drink. But we sat at the round table for a long time, trying to pass the time. After about an hour, we left to go and sit and be called for our flight. I swear, it was pure chaos in that terminal! They would say stand in one line, move to this line. They would actually have a ton of people standing and waiting to be put on one line and then ask for all of them to move to another line. MAYHEM! CHAOS! You name it, it was at that airport!

I was grateful that we didn't spend 4 hours there because of that.

cheers
  Maybe like one hour. But finally our flight was called and we boarded the plane. I was taking pictures of us walking to the plane when I was told that we couldn't take any pictures. Whatever! I took one last one! Then we were off. The movie they showed was Kung Fu Panda. Really cute movie. I enjoyed it.  I also went over the pictures of the week. They are great! I loved them! I couldn't believe that I took so many! But I love capturing moments! It's just great! I swear, the flight was so uneventful and fast, I didn't even realize that we were almost going to land until I heard the wheels going down. I thought it was too early to be putting them down, but I'm no pilot, what do I know?  I tried to look out our window to see where we were at, but the wing was in my way.
leaving pv
I had no clue! Then we started to descend. Really fast! Then the wings started doing something. I was confused! I have never seen that happen on a flight, so I am looking at my sister with big question marks in my eyes. She had no clue either! My sister tries to tell me a story about a flight she heard about and cabin pressure. Well, I don't need to hear this stuff now, while we are preparing to land! Then the plane jumps and I get scared! Then it jumps again and all of a sudden the plane slows down and then we shoot straight up again super fast. Everybody is screaming and a kid raises his hands in the air like if its a freaking roller coaster! My eyes almost pop out of my head I'm in shock because this is happening! I give my hand to my sister and she takes it and we just look into each others eyes.
walking down
We are over the clouds again and then we straighten out. Everyone is talking and I'm just glad that we are still alive! Apparently the plane was going down too fast to land and so we had to go around again! That was the scariest thing I have ever encountered on a flight! And I thought turbulence was bad! This was worst!

Second time was a charm! We landed safely! It was a rough landing, though. I literally wanted to throw myself on the floor and just kiss it, make out with it!! I honestly did! But I am very grateful that I am here and able to tell you this.  And of course we had to do customs and get our luggage. But that was my story, and I hope you enjoyed it!

PrissyT says:
Tell me about it! The other time I was there I don't remember it to well, so I only have to go by this last experience.
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008
danny291 says:
that Wings restaurant is cool, i love their burgers! And the PV airport is a sham!
Posted on: Aug 21, 2008