It's Free Time!

Puerto Vallarta Travel Blog

Yvette and Syndia

Our free day was Wednesday. This day we decided that we would spend shopping for souvenirs.  We woke up early, but left at around noon. Just to remind you, we were eight girls. We take forever. Well, some longer then others. But we were ready to go and have brunch at noon. We were going to go to Cuetos, which is this one place where all they serve is sea food. I wasn’t too excited about that because I am not into sea food.

I was hoping they would have chicken. Our taxi driver told us that there was a better place called La Langosta. Apparently the chef of the restaurant we were going to opened up his own place and his place was now better then the other. So off to La Langosta we went. This place was really inwards towards the local area. The taxi ride took us about 10 inutes. We finally arrived at La Langosta. The restaurant is on the 2nd floor of a building. It is a windowless place with a beautiful view. Hmmm...and for it being windowless, there were no flies. I guess the bags of hanging water really did work. Good to know. We were seated right away and asked what we wanted to drink. I think some of the girls got some beers. I wasn't in the mood for that. Oh! And they had grilled chicken! I was so happy about that!

My sister and Syndia ordered a shrimp platter.

mmm...coconut shrimp
It had a whole lot of huge shrimp and came with rice. Everybody else ordered their shrimp cocktail. And not the kind with the ketchup in the center. But like I had said, I am not a sea food person, but when we all got our food, I wanted to eat all of my sisters shrimp! It looked so good. I told her I wanted to try some of them. She was gladly giving me a taste because she knows how I am not too fond of shrimp. But I tried the bacon wrapped shrimp and the coconut shrimp. The coconut shrimp was so delicious! I wanted more! Mmm…I want to go back just for that. Well, not only that, but that would be one of the reasons. My chicken was good, but not as good as that coconut shrimp! It was delicious! I happened to look out of the windows, I think it was just to see the view, and noticed it was pouring outside! It was raining hard! It looked so beautiful!  I really enjoyed the view. I was looking at a church situated on a hillside. But what I was concentrating on was the waterfall behind it. Well, I wasn't sure if it was a waterfall. I asked the waiter and he said it was.
 I wanted to walk over and take a look at the church and waterfall. But we didn’t go because we were still eating and it was still raining hard.  After we finished, we had flan. It was so good! I shared it with Gaby. The servers asked if we wanted anything else and we told them no. What they did serve us, on the house I might add, was kahlua with milk on the rocks. It was a great finish to our meal. The service was excellent as well! So if you are ever in Puerto Vallarta I recommend that you go to La Langosta.

We were going to walk towards el malecon but since it was still raining, we decided that it would be better if we took a taxi.

Salud!
Two of the girls went to get their nails done and a hair cut. The rest of us went SHOPPING! We went to El Centro Commercial. It was basically a swap meet, or it looked like one! I remember this place from my previous trip. What triggered my memory was the bridge over the river. Walking over that swinging bridge, I lost my balance so many times because the rain had made the boards slippery. I was very grateful to the fence that protected me from stumbling down into the very shallow but flowing river. I bought my co-workers some cute magnets. Bought my mom a really cute cross and my friends a beaded coin purse.  After we were done we went to eat ice cream. I had vanilla ice cream! It was delicious. We then took the bus to our hotel. The bus ride was crazy! But regardless of how crazy it was, we were dropped off at our destination.

That night for dinner we went to Dona Raquel to have posole.

slippery when wet!
Well, all of the girls had posole. I had enchiladas. They were so good! The only down side to it was that they didn’t come with rice or beans, just them by themselves. After we all ate we had some more conversation.  Then we left the restaurant towards the night clubs.That night we did go out to Mandala, which we went back to because we loved it so much. But not all of the girls went out. This time it was Yvette, Diane, Cynthia, Gaby and myself. We had a good time. Again, we started the dancing. I guess I didn’t notice my surroundings because one minute it was alright without a crowd and the next it was super crowded! It was so uncomfortable.  We didn’t stay for a long time. We actually were back at the hotel by 1:30 since we had an early morning boat tour. When we got to the room, the other girls were surprised to see us back so early. They had gone to the market and bought more groceries and said that they just got there, too. We all talked a bit about nothing and then everyone just went to bed. But we did get our souvenir shopping out of the way!

Crazy tree