Back at Wendy's

Leeuwarden Travel Blog

Flag of Friesland.

A small group of people make it to Wendy's apartment to get drinks. The fact it has been a couple of long days is probably best demonstrated by the fact that the two Brits in the group both drink tea instead of beer.

The conversation is not as lively as it had been previously and the drinks don't go down very fast. Not even the teas are going down the British way - lots of milk and then swallow in one go.

Wendy is a bit concerned she still got about 200 beers left and we paid for them. Hence she wants us to drink up. It is just not gonna happen tonight and nobody really cares if they have paid for a few extra beers or not.

I guess it is time for me to call it a night and go to bed - hence I say my goodnights and leave.

I don't really know how to sum up the meet up except it was great fun and Wendy + Rowena were great host. Though Wendy need to relax a bit otherwise the stress will end up taking 20 years of her expected life. So I will just end up with a quote from an old Danish rock band - not that it got any relation to anything but who cares - with Walt replaced by Wendy:

"I'm looking at the sky, I'm trying
Not to cry, coz' it's over
The're turning down the light
It's late now
Wave the last

Coz it's after dark now
And Disneyland is closed
We've been served
Icecold beer
And Wendy is our host

It's after dark now
And Disneyland is closed...
The party is over
The night is here
Let's bring out a toast... "

tj1777 says:
On time? We were there almost at time - only ½ hour late ;)
Joost1976 says:
we have to make sure of that...and get on time to the restaurant :D
tj1777 says:
you think it will work Joost - I have my doubts if she is able to relax during a meet up with her as the host.
326 km (203 miles) traveled