A fairy tale

Arradon Travel Blog

Pointe d'Arradon

I am spending 4 days in Arradon and I have realised that the first time I went there was 10 years ago! ^^

I have been walking for more than 2 hours around the Golfe this afternoon. I even had a nap sat on a banch, in front of the sea and its islands, with boats all around. The sounds of the wind going in the masts of the boats, the sounds of the sea going lower, the sounds of the birds... all these sounds are so peaceful and tranquil. I love this area so much.
I went back there when the sun was going down, great!

I have learnt a briton legend about the Golfe today. It is said that fairies where put away of the forest of Brocéliande and they cried so much that their tears created the Golfe of Morbihan. Hopeless, they dropped in it their crown of flowers, giving birth to the 365 islands of the Golfe, and 3 of the crowns went in the ocean, creating Belle Île, Houat and Hoëdic.

Even if the legend says there are as many islands in the Golf as the number of days in the calendar, there are actually around 300 islands and islets, and officially only around 40 of them can be considerated as proper islands. Most of them are private but the 2 biggest ones, Ile d'Arz and Ile aux Moines, are considered as independant towns.

Sunflower300 says:
This sounds like the perfect day. Thanks for sharing. :)
Posted on: Aug 24, 2008