Sport Competition

Marseille Travel Blog

I spent 4 days in Marseille for a sport competition. What stroke us first is the weather... yeah, we were definitly far away from the north of France, and we all came back red !

We did not find time to properly visit the town but, as the bus got lost many times (the city is really big - the second biggest in France - and Marseillais seem to be really bad to give directions !!!!!!!!!), we saw most of the place from the bus, by day and by night and it brought me back some memories...

I used to go to Marseille when I was a teenager to support my favourite football team : OM :)  So the monument I best know is the Stadium (Stade Velodrome), where the atmosphere is just crazy ! I also recognized Notre Dame de la Garde, the church located at the highest point of the city, called "Bonne Mère" by the locals. There is a great point of view from it and it is really worth a visit. The church can be seen from many points of Marseille, but the most popular one is Le Vieux Port, the port of Marseille, located at the end of the most famous street of the town "La Canebière".

One of my travel dreams is to spend time near Marseille enjoying "les Calanques" (def. : "rocky stretch of coast with deep inlets") and then take a boat to visit Corsica.
photo by: voordax