Penboch'

Arradon Travel Blog

I am spending my 2008 summer holidays in France, mainly in Brittany as it is my favourite area and I can stay there for free !  =)

The area of Brittany is really rich for various activities. It is possible of course to enjoy beaches and very nice walks all around with very different landscapes depending on which coast or river you are on. It is also very rich about hisory and culture.
Actually, they try to keep their own culture as much as possible: the official and everyday spoken language is French, but they keep their old language too, Breton, which can be taught at school and names of towns for instance are written in both languages. They are Breton before being French (and I truly understand why after seing the beauty of their country). Brittany has a celtic culture, with traditions, dances and music.

The Golfe du Morbihan is a must-see, a splendid area, really rich for wonderful landscapes. It is said there are as many island there as days in the year. Not sure it is true though, anyway the amount does not matter so much since the quality is there!! Moreover, if Brittany has a bad reputation about the weather, the Golfe is reputed to be protected from it!

All the cities, harbours and islands around are superb.I spent a lot of my holidays when I was a teenager in Arradon.  During summer, this area is full of tourists and really lively.

Arradon