Amazing

Sauzon Travel Blog

Harbour

I am going to detail the tour I did as I really loved it. I now think it is a waste to rent a car or a bike and miss the coast path. Of course I didn't see all the touristic points of the island, it is too big, but the wild coast was just so amazing that I don't regret my choice at all!! Walking is definitly the best way to enjoy fully the wonderful landscapes the island has to offer.

Here is my tour (11km, 4 hours including lunch, and I did not walk fast to enjoy the landscape fully):

From the landing stage, I took the road going up on the right, leading to the coast path. I had planned to walk along the coast for 9km and to go back to Sauzon to rest and see the town.

Harbour

Straight away, the view is stunning. All along the path, there is the magnificient wild coast on the right and moor everywhere on the left. It is 10.30AM, the weather is splendid, we are alone on the path... Yeah, perfect! After a bit less than 2km walking, we reached the small beach of Port Puns. We carried on the winding coast path, not always easy to follow as it was slippery because it rained during the night and it goes up and down. 1,5km later, we arrived on another beach, Port Deuborh. There was 2km left to the Pointe des Poulains, passing before the creek of Pen Höet. If it was desert of tourists until then, the Pointe des Poulain was more filled... but the landscape was particularly amazing there. The Ile des Poulains with the lighthouse was accessible as it was low tide so we could walk around it (around 1km).
Port Puns
What I liked the most there were the rocks just near the fort of Sarah Bernhardt (a french actress). We stopped on the beach in front of it to have lunch.

Then we carried on, passing near the fort and through a car park to reach again the coast path. Here is again the wild coast, with a golf course! After 2,5km we arrived at the cove of Ster Vrae. That is the last view of the tour, but not the least... wow...

We finally walked 2,5km on the bike road, in the countryside, to go back to Sauzon.

A bit tired of walking, it was 2.30PM, I stopped on the port to have a drink and enjoy the sun on a banch (to get some sunburn again ^^) before going around in the town of Sauzon.
At 5PM, it was time to go back on the boat. I am knackered tonight, but my head is full of nice landscapes and beautiful nature.

Belle Île, la bien nommée.

bernard69 says:
Courageuse!Be careful of the sun on your skin!
Cheers
Port Pen Hoët
Port Pen Hoët
Lighthouse, Île des Poulains
It …
Lighthouse, Île des Poulains It…
I see a pig!
I see a pig!
In red, the tour I did
In red, the tour I did
Sauzon Sights & Attractions review
Lighthouse of the "Poulains"
Located on the western part of Belle Île, on an island accessible only by foot at low tide, it was built in 1868. Located at 37m above the sea, it is… read entire review
Sauzon