My first flight (London - Nantes)

Nantes Travel Blog

The first part of this blog is the review of a short week end spent in Brittany with a friend from London. It was his first time in France, and in Brittany (my favourite place ever), so the challenge was to show him a lot in a short time, but we also wanted to take our time and chill a bit!!

What an exciting day!

Not because it was my 21st birthday. Not only because I was going to see some of my best friends and my dad, furthermore in my favourite place ever - Brittany-. It was actually my first flight! Admittedly, it was a very quick one...

One hour above England, the English Channel to arrive on the extreme western part of France: la Bretagne. One hour to be stuck on the window, excited like a kid! Flying is so amazing, so pretty. The week end was particularly sunny for March, just few clouds to show me how it is inside them, and a perfect clear vision of the weird landscape from this unusual point of view!

I just loved it, even though nobody told me not to be stuck on the window during the landing, thinking it was obvious... I could have thought of that, but I was too curious and impressed that my mind was far away from this kind of “down to earth” feelings!

Here we were : Nantes, France, on the Atlantic coast from London Stansted. 40£ return with Ryanair. Happy!

petit_gooroo says:
Posted on: Aug 12, 2010
saltycoco says:
gratz on the feature.
Posted on: Aug 11, 2010
kdjp82 says:
Congrats on the feature!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2010

After a nice time at my friends’ house, having a raclette for dinner (melted cheese in a machine, with cooked meat and potatoes, very convivial... but not typically Breton!), we went out in the town centre of Nantes. It was already 11PM and streets were full of life, starting to party. We went to a little bar, Le Spoutnick, reputed for having nice vodkas and beers. Indeed, there are 25 different vodkas and 15 unusual beers, in a special atmosphere.

We were having a good time until the police came... They were probably looking for someone because they locked the exit and asked all the identity cards. Unfortunately, my boyfriend left at home his passport... After chatting with them and giving so many details of the reason why he was in France, they accepted to ignore it... They could have given us a fee but they did not as a present for my birthday!
After the French elections on May 6th, I would recommend everybody to always have their passport: I am not sure that they would be as tolerant as before...
After this incident, we left to go bowling around 2 o’clock in the morning. Then, around 4 o'clock, we bought something to eat and finally came back home. Not looking at the time to do an activity is really something I miss when I am in England!

We did not have time to visit Nantes as we chose to party as it was my brithday and also my friend's birthday !

I went to Nantes before, and I remember having a great time walking around the castle (Château des Ducs de Bretagne) and chilling in a very nice park. It is a nice city full of events and entertainments, with a lot of young people due to universities and it is also full of history (Anne de Bretagne, who had been Queen of France, was born there).

Nantes Nightlife & Entertainment review
Le Spoutnick
Small and friendly, the main particularity of this place is the large choice of vodka (25) and beers (15), which are very original! The decor and cus… read entire review
Nantes