Arrival in Bucharest and Braşov, and visit to Peleş

Bucharest Travel Blog

Today I arrived in Bucharest and my friends Claudiu, Isabela and Mihaela made me feel right at home. We drove two hours from Bucharest into Brasov. On the way we stopped at the Castle Peleş which is really amazing. We ate fresh barbecued corn there and looked at the various Romanian goods for sale, as well as at the beautiful castle. We saw bear-sighting signs there because there have been a lot of bears in that area recently. Driving the rest of the way to Brasov was absolutely amazing. The Carpathian mountains seem to reach all the way to the skyline.
The feeling of being here is overwhelming. We stopped at a market on the way to Brasov and bought various fresh fruit like watermelons and apples.
Cousin_Melissa says:
Sounds like a blast! I will be keeping tabs on your adventures!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2008
librarylady says:
I like your travel blog! The blog provides lots of informmation on your current destination. I couldn't find the weather so I did have to go to google for Brasov's weather. It looks like it is a bit chilly at night. Stay warm!

When were some of these castles built? It is amazing how much history is in Europe compared to America which is a much "newer" country! Keep the info coming!
Posted on: Aug 10, 2008