Getting there

Murphy Travel Blog

The famous arch
I knew taking a U-Haul across the country was not going to be that fun of a trip but it was my idea to move to Denver from Murphy, North Carolina. After living in Hawaii, any road trip that was more than an hour was torture. Now it was going to be 2 days, 12 hours each day.

We left NC on Saturday morning and it took us 2 days to drive out west. Our first night we staying in Columbia, MO which turned out to be a nice town. We passed through Chattanooga, TN, Paduchah, KY, and St. Louis, MO, before arriving in Columbia. This drive wasn't so bad...probably because I went to sleep 3 times or so. We bunked at the La Qunita Inn which is a plus for anyone who has pets. They are very pet friendly and do not charge any additional pet fees. The next day was a nightmare. We headed west through Kansas City, MO and into Kansas. If you have never driven through Kansas, don't bother. There was nothing to see along a never-ending road. I have never been so bored out of mind. If you are making the drive out west, I highly suggest taking 40 along the southern route; much more to see and do.
WonderDog says: