Jungle Tour

Cancun Travel Blog

the dock
So after the awesome dinner we had the night before at Casa Tequila we decided to try it again for breakfast.  Breakfast wasnt' quite like dinner.  Service was a bit lacking and the food wasn't as bomb as it was the night before.  However it was a nice relaxing way to begin the day still.  It being the last day in the Hyatt we hit the pool before our excursion meet up time.  Glenda and I grabbed a massage at the spa.  It was quite relaxing.  I really enjoyed it.  I have no other experience with massages or spas since this was the first real one i have had so I cannot compare or rate.  But it was enjoyable and the green tea the woman me after it was finished was quite tasty!

After lunch we packed our stuff up and checked otu of the Hyatt.
the dock
  We had scheduled a shorter trip to begin with and our package deal had ended so we switched to The Holiday Inn Express a short ways away for the rest of our trip.  After we checked in at the Holiday Inn and changed to our bathingsuits we caught a cab over to the pier which we were supposed to go to for the meet up.  A blazing day, my friends sunblocked up and we picked up our snorkeling gear and fins and jumped into a four seater boat.  We sped out through the open water before we hit what the tour company called "jungle" (it was really just a bunch of water trees).  We drove slower through this area as we looked at the birds and the crazy roots that the trees grew from.  Once we reached the snorkeling site.  We jumped overboard and swam around with about 5 draub fish before we headed back.
through the foresty area

The trip was disappointing to me.  I have been to the Virgin islands and went snorkeling there and saw absolute beautiful untouched reefs with hundreds of fish.  This was nothing like it.  However, i have never driven a boat, and there is also the experience of flying across the aqua blue water with the sun beating down as the salt water sprays in your face which is an experience in itself.

Cheko offered to take us out to a nice dinner one night.   We let him pick and he chose the Ritz Club Grill.  Although very American, it was absolutely savory food.  A very plush hotel (as we all know), the restaurant was the same.  Service was impeccable from the time we walked in the door to the time we left, not a thing was out of place.
The Ritz
  Our waiter was awesome.  The water was constantly full.  The apple martini was perfect, and the mojito my friend got was one of the best ones shes drank (according to her).  As appetizers, checko ordered sea scallops which were so good.  Glenda ordered some soup with crab.  The crab sijmply melted with a perfect complimenting soup.  For dinner, Checko got what i thought was the weakest dish.  He got Salmon with some type of butter sauce.   Glenda got a sea bass which was some of the best fish ever.  Melted and spread in your mouth as pure awesomeness.  I got pork chops on the bone which was so tender juicy and perfectly medium.  The mashed potatos we ordered were also great.   Every scrap of food was finished.  For dessert the chef made us a little platter of treats which were small and perfect after a huge meal.  I was so caught up in the culinary experience I completely forgot to take photos of the food.  When it came out as soon as the waiters had disappeared around the corner we all had dug in!

Since we were scheduled for a full day Chichen Itza trip on wednesday we headed back to the hotel so we would be able to make the 7am bus.
jenn79 says:
omg dinner sounded SO good. Was it really pricey?
Posted on: Aug 04, 2008
boating out!
boating out!
bird!
bird!
Cancun Hotels & Accommodations review
Economy hotel
Positives *Normal smelling water (the hotel before had STINKY water) *Great shower head *Quiet Pool *Room service was on top of changing the linen… read entire review
Cancun Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Culinary dining experience
Although very expensive and not "typical" Mexican food. This restaurant, located inside of the Ritz, had absolutely wonderful food. Service was impe… read entire review
Cancun