Day of planning

Cancun Travel Blog

enchiladas
We woke up late on Sunday after the previous crazy night.  My friends wanted to grab some food right after waking so we headed out after picking up a discount card from man at the front desk of our hotel for some restaurant not too far away.  The restaurant service was excellent and the waiter super nice.  But something about this restaurant felt over touristy/over the top.  I ordered some enchiladas but had absolutely no appetite to finish the food.  Its hard to tell if the food was bad or if it was b/c i had a hangover but i did not enjoy their food.  After eating we decided to walk around and caroused through some of the markets on the side streets checking out their wares.  I must say though this was not so pleasant as we were harrassed by each person we walked by.
rainforest cafe
  One seller was way too touchy and made me feel quite uncomfortable with his sell tactics as he stood too close and wouldn't let go of my arm.  To the left here he made me put this dirty prop on and made me pose for the picture.  I should have slapped this man but am too nice sometimes for my own good.

After carousing around we decided to go see if we could book some expeditions.  I had previously tried to book some excursions online before we came and had something planned for this day but was left in the cold by the company.  The company that I had booked with ..i believe mermaid cancun... or something to that effect had some type of bug or something with their website and I had trouble before i even got down to cancun with them.
Forum by the Sea
  Then the plan was that once i had reserved the excursions they would contact me at my hotel on the day i arrived.  I had never heard back from them.  So for our first day we price checked and rechecked and compared til we found the best prices for the adventures we wanted to do.  The hotel was too expensive, and after talking to several of the men who have stands on the street we found one who seemed fairly trustworthy and offered us a moderately good price without having to hear any timeshare mumbo jumbo and took his card to call when we were ready to book.

After this we took a short nap before it was time to go to dinner.  Sometime ago, we used to have a Rainforest Cafe at Tysons Corner.  The rent went up and they left.
The city
  Glenda still hadn't been to one and really wanted to check it out so even though it wasn't Mexican food we decided to go.  Everything was the same, loud squaking, elephants, mist, noise, everything minus the man at the front who had a monkey.  If you paid money, you could hold the monkey for a picture.  (Always someone wanting something)  I shared a half rack of ribs with Cheko and we killed it.  The Rainforest Cafe was in the shopping center on the strip called Forum by the Sea.  Here they had souvenoir shops, American style restaurants like Rainforest and Hard rock, bungee cord ride for kids, men in silver who dance for money, and Mayan goods.

After we had ate we walked back to the hotel and got ready to go out.  We had already bought tickets for a nightclub called The City after dinner so we would be able to stroll in when we came back.
The City
  ($15 usd for females and 30 usd for men) When we arrived we headed on in through what felt like the metro (the escalaters and enclosed area) into a large high ceilinged room with pounding system and awesome light show.  Since we had partied fairly hard the night before Glenda and i didn't feel so much like drinking so we hung out and did a little dancing while Cheko proceeded to consume a few more alcoholic beverages.  Strange how out of all the people in Cancun, I get asked to dance by first a dude who i come to find out not only is from Virginia but from Manassas and goes to Virginia Tech (where i went to school) after asking him how old he was he told me he was 19 and I said I had to go a short time later.
quesadillas
  The second guy I danced with was probably one of the few asians of whom i could count on my two hands.  Unfortunately he was about 5'0'' and I had to return to my group soon after as well.  haha.  After my friend was stumbling around we decided to call it a night fairly early and headed back to the hotel.  This club much like the one we had gone to the night before played a set mainly of house/trance with a sprinkling of hip hop and some spanish music.  The scene here was a bit less American touristy (i can't tell if the other spanish people were Mexican or on vacation from surrounding countries)  however most people here spoke spanish.  This club was set up differently and actually had dance areas in the center of the room.  One square box in the center for dancing on and two smaller circles on either side for dancing upon too.  There was also the hip hop/stregnth routine was shown before we left.

We then headed back home for some sound sleep so we could be ready for the ATV'ing the next day.
mixed platter