Sabang with love :)

Sabang Travel Blog

it's nice to meet locals :)
Just flying back from Palawan and with one more week to go I am tinkering with the idea to fly to Vietnam. With flights so cheap here it is hard to pass up but I also know that it wouldn't give me enought time to really see much of the country. Been here now for almost 3 weeks and there's still so much to see. I decided to take a bus ride south out of Manille and go to Sabang. Only about 1 1/2 hour drive and about an hour boat ride and I am in a town on a island that looks like a lot of fun. Small hotels and a few bars and restaurants line the beach. It doesn't take me long to find a room with a great view and after setting in, it's time to stake out the town. There are quite a few day trips to take so I decide to go to another town tomorrow and a tour day the next.
day trip
Partying a little in the evening with all these gorgeous woman around can be highly addictive and luck is following me. At the Big Apple which is a restaurant and bar on the beach I meet 3 lovely ladies that want to show me a few places. Dancing the night away in a disco with them feels like i'm living it up and just as me none of them are drinking any alcohol. That's what you can a natural high. Spending the night with one cool girl and I am all smiles. My next day trip to the other town is pretty much uneventfull, much of the same and after a bit of wandering around I am going back were I came from. Laying around on the beach is the only thing i am doing for the rest of the day. 3rd day here and I am excited about this day trip.   Half way there we make a stop to see some waterfalls.
daytrip
we arrive after a rough dirt road ride and get greeted by locals ready to take us on a hike thru the jungle. there are water buffalo's with wagons to transport some of us but I desided to walk. We end up on a river where they will serve us lunch. this is probobly the mosr exciting thing of the day. Not much here except for a waterhole and great scenery but I am not complaning, nature is what I love. On the way back we get some heavy rain and sitting on that wagon,well, it doesn't have springs:) Next stop is right before a hanging walking bridge that we cross. with 10% of the planks missing , no one seems to care. The very remote village is where we are giving schoolbooks to the children. Their appreciatoin is awesome and i can't help but think, why in the Western World must we have so much and we still complain.
daytrip
B Back in town and after all this hiking and now being 6 pm I can eat one of those buffalo's. Going back to the Big Apple for what will be another great meal. Anna the manager spot me right away and seats me. One of the couple of names i remember cause it's the same as my sister. While eating I can't help my eyes wondering of to the beautiful woman playing pool so sexy. I must ask anna who this amazing woman is. come to find out, she is the sister of one of the waitresses in town from Manille for business. I get introduced and after some talking convinced her to go out with me later in the evening. I take a quick nap so I taught untill I wake up and it is a little after 10. Already late for my date i stil have to take a 3 minute shower.
day trip
i hate being late and after arriving at 10.30 I see Joovie with a big smile on her face. We play pool, hang out and hit a couple of nightspots.   We click extremely well  and I was able to convince her to spend the night. Next day we stayed around town and the highlight of the day was hanging out on the floating bar. I was able to barrow fins and goggles and snorkeled around for a while. I was planning on staying here untill the end of my vacation but Now i would like to go slowly back to Manille and make a stop halfway.  there's a river where you canoe on and it brings you to a waterfall. it didn't take much trying to convince Joovie to go with me so our plans are to leave in the morming. Leaving Sabang behind I feel that i will be back someday. It takes us longer than anticipated to arrive at our destination and there isn't much of the day left. Next morning we hop in the canoe which comes with a rower and off we go. the scenere is nice and once we get to the waterfall we can take a bamboo float going right thru the waterfall.The pressure of the water is amazing coming down your head. after spending another night here we are ready to leave this small town to have a few more days left in Manille.
its nice to meet locals :)
it's nice to meet locals :)
local school
Jack Nicholson anyone??
Jack Nicholson anyone??
day trip between Sabang and Manilla
day trip between Sabang and Manilla
How fun to go thru a waterfall.
How fun to go thru a waterfall.
especially with my Joovie