The game

Arlington Travel Blog

The Ballpark

Fankai and completed our day by attending a great come from behind win by the Texas Rangers. We had some pretty good seats for the game, sitting in the Lexus seating. We were pretty much pampered as they take your order, send over and this hand held thing and with a few minutes someone comes with your order.

The quick service wasn’t even the best part of the evening. We started off by getting these free lunch bags with the Ranger’s logo on it. This free little gadget made a pretty good little souvenir to take home.  We also got some of those great garlic fries. I was telling Fenkai how whenever I come to the games I have to get an order of these $7 potatoes and I am never able to even complete half of them. We decided we would share them and I think it was a pretty good thing we did.

Me and my garlic fries

We watch a fun game that included some dots running around the field, a boy winning the best sign contest that talked about his man-crush on one of the players, a feeble and unsuccessful attempt at doing the wave, a homerun where a little boy’s most memorable time at the ballpark will before ever cherished by him and everyone who saw him get that ball and express his joy by the raising of his hands in the air like a fighter just crowned champion and just some great conversation with a friend in section 218 at the Ballpark.

We actually stayed for the entire game; all nine innings. During the fifth inning, if the Rangers score, everyone in the ballpark gets a free taco from Taco Bueno. I love Bueno and we got ours. The Rangers scored most of their runs during the fifth as if they knew we all wanted that taco for dinner this evening.

We enjoyed the game, even though I parked on the opposite side of the stadium where we sitting.  We took a few shots, but I think my video of the winning run has to be the highlight of the evening. It was great. We will have to attend a game in LA one day soon.

martinezsmi says:
should have read this and asked if you wanted to take in a game at coor field maybe next time.
saw my first world series there last year it was incredible my team and their first home game in a world series what could be better? ok if they won but still it was the world series
Posted on: Aug 03, 2008
Fankai enjoying the game
Fankai enjoying the game
FSN after the game
FSN after the game
A shot of the excitement when the…