Day 9: Austria, Italy, Hangover

Tyrol Travel Blog

Day 9:
This day was a complete blur for me and I didn't write in my physical journal for a few days so its extremely information lacking... Contiki, or the trip I was on in particular, is just way too fast and way too social to have time to sit down and write. If you're not doing something, you're passing out because you didn't get enough sleep the last x days.  But I woke up early, hungover, just like every other day, boarded the bus. and started to head for Venice, Italy. On our way, we stopped by Tyrol, Austria and spent a little over an hour there, it was a nice peaceful little town with lots of cool souvenir shops, it had an almost toyish feeling, but I enjoyed it, had my first McDonalds of the trip... We then got back on the road but stopped in Verona, Italy. I don't remember why we stopped here, something to do with Romeo & Juliet? Again, this day was very much a blur. We eventually made it to a some place right outside of Venice. Had some dinner, hung out in the hotel lobby with a few of the people, exchanged some great stories, the bus driver, Damian, joined us and he was really cool, had some awesome contiki stories to tell us. Eventually, we all called it a night and went to sleep.
photo by: delsol67