Day 5: Picca... Picca... Piccadilly!

London Travel Blog

Day 5:
I finally had a better nights sleep, but still got woken up by the light when someone came to the room at 2AM. Woke up on my own at around 9:30, got ready, and checked out. I left my luggage and walked around piccadilly and over to Big Ben/Parliament to get some shots in, nothing spectacular, the sun was already out and shining too brightly. I got some breakfast, spent some time online doing the daily routine (E-Mailing/Facebooking/etc). I came back the Piccadilly Backpackers, got my luggage which they were holding for me and left for the Royal National, got there a tad before check-in,  hung out in the lounge, relaxed a bit, and finally checked in. The room was a shared room for 3 people, so 2 other people were going to check-in. I was the first one to get there.
Big Ben
Finally, the room had an outlet (or as they call it, a 'powerpoint'). I quickly began to charge all my stuff (zune/cameras/cell phone). I settled in and took a shower (which had a wet floor, read the review). I then went to a laundromat to wash my clothes so I would have as much clean clothes as possible for the contiki trip as I figured I would not have an opportunity to wash clothes during it. The laundromat was very different in London than back home. They worked differently, they were all controlled by a center console rather than each machine taking coins... It was also much quicker than back home, only took 45 minutes to wash and dry instead of about an hour and 20 minutes like it takes back home.
Parliament
I went back to the room and napped. I slept for about and hour and then got ready for the predeparture meeting as the other 2 roommates checked in. They were 2 pretty cool guys from Tucson, AZ. We quickly spoke, and then I left for my meeting. The meeting basically talked about general things and was fairly boring and I didn't pay attention to most of it. I got back to the room, hung out with the room mates for a bit and then we went to the pub downstairs for food and drunks. The place is right downstairs and is like in the courtyard of the Royal National hotel. It's nothing exciting, but it's not overpriced either! I had to wake up at 6 to get ready and leave for the contiki trip, they also had to get up at 6 and leave for the airport as they were going back home so we didn't hang out for too long, went back to the rooms and passed out.
London Hotels & Accommodations review
Overpriced toursit hotel
The hotel itself is pretty massive and the lobby looks fairly nice. I knew however, as soon as they gave me an actual key and not a card that I couldn… read entire review
London