Day 4: Embassies and Goodbyes are no fun

London Travel Blog

Day 4:
Had a horrible nights sleep AGAIN! Woke up at 8AM because of the inconsiderate germans in the room. Quickly got ready and left to the Russian Embassy to try and attain a visa to go there at the end of my trip. Showed up there just a bit after it opened and there was already a very long line. Waited for about 2 hours only for them to tell me that because I'm a US citizen, it would take 10 days to process it. But obviously because I'm going to be traveling and can't be passportless for that long, I had to walk away a sad camper. Now that that got turned down, I had NO plans for the end of my trip. I went back to the hostel and luckily, the 10-person room was empty! So I napped! Once I woke up, I met up with Carly, Leigh, and Lindsey. I sat in on their Contiki Pre-Trip Departure Meeting. Ended up  meeting a few cool people that are going to be going on their trip and got kind of sad/jealous that their trip was full and I couldn't sign up for it... We then headed to to this little restaurant which I liked very much and went to eat at 3 times more later on in the trip, wish I remembered the name of it. We had dinner, chatted for a bit, and then parted ways, I figured I'd probably never see them again... Right afterwards, as I walked to the Tube, I ran into Yossi, a guy I met last time I was in London, which was really cool because he lives in California not far from me, but I met him the last time I was in London in September 2007 and haven't really spoken to him since... We quickly caught up and then I headed back to the hostel. I was really tired and had to wake up early to do laundry and check-out so spent some time/money online and headed off to bed, the germans were gone, the new people who replaced them were really cool!
photo by: ulysses