Day 3: Stonehenge

London Travel Blog

Day 3:
I woke up really early, around 7:30AM. I was staying in a 10-person room and there were 3 guys in my room spread throughout it and they were very loud at random points of the night speaking German. I got ready, got breakfast to go at the donut shop down the street and left for Stonehenge via Waterloo. The train was about an hour, and then the Stonehenge bus from the Salisbury station took about another 30 minutes. So it was about 2 hours in total travel time to get there (not counting waiting times for the train, runs hourly), but when I finally got there at around noon, it made the trek totally worth it. Seeing Stonehenge was a childhood dream just like seeing the pyramids so it was pretty spectacular. I spent a little over an hour walking around it, taking a million photos, and just appreciating the mysticism of it.
Me at Stonehenge!
I then headed back to London and called Carly to see what she was up to... Her and Leigh were at the Royal National hotel in Russel Square. She was only staying at Picadilly Backpackers for a night. Met up with them, also met someone they met, Lindsay, she actually lives about 45 minutes from me back home, so that was cool. We split up to get ready for the evening. We started off with a pub for drinks/dinner. We then went to see the tower bridge lit up at night, it was pretty freezing and windy so we quickly went back to the pub, which turned into a dance club by the time we got there... Either way, they closed at 12:40AM, which I thought was kind of random. As we walked out, some guy came up to us, pointed to a tall building with a lit up 5th floor and told us it was a night club and asked us if we wanted to go.
Tower Bridge at night!
We went and the cover was a bit steep (10pounds/guys and 5pounds/girls) but the club was pretty cool, it was called 'Sound'. We almost got into a fight with a few locals because Leigh and I kept having to save Carly and Lindsay from creepers and Leigh apparently pissed some guy off by doing so, and that guy was there with an entire posse. When the club closed at 3am, we ended up having to get security to escort us out because there were like 10 guys waiting to pummel us as soon as we stepped out... I walked back to the hostel which was only a few blocks away and they took a taxi cab to the Royal National. Got to my room, the germans were there talking loudly, but I was fairly drunk and passed out without a problem!
Carly and Leigh
Carly and Leigh
Carly and myself at Sound in London
Carly and myself at Sound in London
Leigh at Sound in London
Leigh at Sound in London
Carly, Me, and Lindsay at Sound in…
Carly, Me, and Lindsay at Sound i…
London Nightlife & Entertainment review
Great Club, Not Touristy, Lots of Fun!
Sound attracted us right away from the lit up windows on the 5th story of a tall building in Leicester Square! If you're in Leicester Square on a nigh… read entire review
London