Day 1: LAX Departure

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Day 1:
Woke up at 4:00AM, showered, snacked, took off to the airport. Got there about 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to my flight. Lines were reasonably short for LAX, got through everything in about an hour. The airplane boarded kinda early, and the pilot announced that we were expected to arrive 20 minutes early in Toronto's Pearson International Airport. 5 Minutes later, he announced there was a problem with the airplane. 2 hours and 25 minutes later, we took off. I was able to fit in an entire movie and 1.5 television shows while we were on the ground, at the gate. On the bright side, they were nice enough to make alcoholic beverages free of charge for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, I had a connecting flight in Toronto to London and only a 2.5 hour layover. We arrived at Toronto 5 minutes prior to my connecting flight's departure; I ran like crazy. I got to the gate during the final boarding call but they couldn't let me on because my luggage wasn't unloaded from the previous plane and therefore couldn't be loaded onto this one. I had to hang around Pearson International for another 2+ hours waiting for the next flight. Normally, I wouldn't have cared much, especially since Pearson is a decently nice airport, but Carly and I were scheduled to arrive in Heathrow within 5 minutes of each other. So we were gonna meet up there and go to our hostel together. And I left my US phone at home, and my Europe phone which I purchased for the trip, didn't work in Canada. So I couldn't get a message to her. I finally boarded the flight from Toronto to London and we got delayed again because some person checked in for the flight, but got lost somewhere so never boarded, so they had to find their luggage and unload it... Finally, we took off. I was on my way to a European adventure :)