We are in Finland!

Helsinki Travel Blog

Helsinki airport

At 6.00u my alarm went and I packed the last few things in my backpack. Inge and her parents would come to bring us to the trainstation. Everything went well untill we had to change trains in Utrecht, we were in the next train for about a minute when they said the train wouldn't go any further because of a problem with the train. Luckily we left early and there was no problem for us to wait for the next train. Inge had already checked us in yesterday so al we had to do was drop off our lugage and get to the gate :)

The flight wasn't very long and went by very quick. We had a bit of turbulence when we were going to land, but the rest of the flight was very good. After arriving at the airport we went straight to the bagagebelt and when we got there I already saw my backpack :) Unfortunately we found out after waiting for a while that Inge's backpack had been left in Amsterdam together with about 20 other bags and suitcases :( But if everything goes well the bag will arrive here tonight.

View of the trainstation from our room
We were lucky to be one of the first to give our adres of the hotel so they can bring the backpack, so we didn't have to wait long before we could go find our bus. The hotel we are going to stay in the first few nights is in the same suburb as the airport is. The hotel is looking very well, and I will write a review about it when I get home :)

After bringing my bag to our room, we took the train to the centre of Helsinki. We walked around, visited the tourist centre and did a little bit of sigthseeing. We also found a big bookstore where they had a lot of swedish books so I already know where I'm going the day we are leaving :D The first impression of Helsinki is good, not very crowded and nice buildings and parks. After the sightseeing we took the train back to Vaanta where the hotel is and we had a really nice dinner in a thai restaurant.

Tonight we're going to look what to do tomorrow and hopefully Inge's backpack will arrive tonight.

liekevo says:
Thanks :)
It is a really nice city
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
tvillingmarit says:
Helsinki is a beautiful city, nice photos
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
Helsinki airport
View of the trainstation from our …
View of the trainstation from our…
Helsinki trainstation
Good news :D
Good news :D
Helsinki Hostels review
Sokos Hotel Vantaa
When we tried to book a hostel for our first nights in Helsinki all the places were full. On a website we then found a good offer for this hotel. T… read entire review
Helsinki