Moominworld

Naantali Travel Blog

Naantali

Today we visited Moominworld, we had fun, but its not very big.

For a dutch version of what we did you can already look at: inkie1010.waarbenjij.nu

English will come, at this place, but probably not before I'm home.
So now it's time for the english version!

We took the bus from the market place in Turku, luckily we had already seen were the bus would leave when we where trying to find our bus yesterday. Naantali is about 30 min by bus from Turku. It is a very nice village with an older part that has very nice wooden houses. From the busstation we walked to Moominworld, when we knew in what direction to go it was easy to find since there were good signs. Moominworld is located on an island and is only reachable by foot over the bridge.

Moominworld is nice, but not very big (see review). We first walked around the island and saw all the houses. There were also people dressed in Moominsuits and the other characters, as last we visited one of the plays: Moominpappas memoires in Swedish. We also visited the moominshop and bought some souvenirs for the children at home. After three hours we had seen everything and we had some coffee before we took the bus back to Turku.

Back in Turku we did some shopping, I found some cd's I didn't have yet from my favourite Swedish band Kent :) And we also had dinner at Stockmann (Finnish department store) before we went back to the hostel.

londonstudent says:
It's nice to be reminded of Moomin. I used to love those books when I was a kid!
Posted on: Sep 07, 2008
FlyingDutchman79 says:
Klinkt goed, Lieke.
Je blog staat wel al helemaal vol met comments voordat er daadwerkelijk tekst staat :P
Posted on: Aug 08, 2008
liekevo says:
Helaas is er hier in Tampere in de hostel geen sauna, maar gister in Turku idd wel dat was wel lekker :)
Posted on: Aug 08, 2008
End of the play
End of the play
Naantali Sights & Attractions review
Moominworld
If you go to Finland, you can't avoid the Moomins. Because we like Moomins we wanted to visit Moominworld. The park isn't very big, but there is en… read entire review
photo by: inkie1010