Samut Songkhram - Baanmaichailane

Samut Songkhram Travel Blog

As I was looking for some place to travel ,I was luckily invited to join a seminar. The place was decided to be baanmaichailane Resort. I didnt want to attend the boring seminars, so I decided to join them for the fun part. I was the only farang(foreigner) there. I was told that it will be a unique experience, as I will get to know the real thai way of living.

I started from bangkok at early morning 6, it was toooo early for me. I was joined by 3 other members. We hit the road by 7:00. We reached the place by 8:00. The first sight of the resort was little surprise to me. The road as I travelled was not that good as it used to be bangkok, but this small resort proved to be worth for that travel. We were little late, as soon as we reached, we were asked to join others in the boat.

I was grouped with a guy who can speak in english. He was my guide for that day. Though I didnt understand much. Within few minutes of travel, the boat started jittering, as if it was going to tilt. Then seeing me getting scared, the boat guy stopped it and told us that we cannot go ahead !!! I was shocked , WTH ??? My guide then explained me that, this place connects the sea and the river and this is mostly muddy place.As we were the last to take up this route and the boats which started before us displaced the water. So we have to wait till the water come towards us. Ha, WTH. I cant step out as it was too dangerous and deep. Some snakes were also there passing by us ,saying unfriendly hi to the fishes.  We waited for about 20 min for the water to come back.
Finally it came and we started again before another boat comes.

Our first stop was to plant some trees. Lots of people come here and plant trees, this seems to be initiated by royal family. Then they feeded some bananas to monkeys. They had brought lots of bananas. Then starts the mud surfing. I am seeing this for the first time in my life, ppl surfing in the mud. After few hours, we returned back. Then its time for lunch. The food was average. We tasted lots of thai desserts and sweets.  Then its time to leave.

We again hit the road, Now its time to go to amphawa floating market. This place was filled with lots of crowds, not much foriegners, mostly locals. Lots of shopping can be done. I just walked around the place and came back.Nearby there is a memorial park for King Rama 2. It was very a hot day, would be better if this place can be visited on late evening. There were some model thai houses built and king's instruments were at display. No pics were allowed inside. So we took some pics outside. The last stop was at the far end of param 2 , where lots of sea food restaurants were there. The food was good , tho little expensive. Finally its time to go back to bkk. Though it was not a fun trip, but I wanted for long time to go and see the thai life outside bkk. Finally did it !!! :)

nsolai says:
:) , thanks... its a very local place, not yet commercialized to foreigners
Posted on: Jan 09, 2009
FLoWerGrL_78 says:
was wondering what this place was all about & enjoyed reading your blog!
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009