Our Adventure Begins

Nassau Travel Blog

Hello Bahamas!

Our Bahamian vacation began at 6:00 am, just like any other normal day.  My dad picked up Kristen and Brianna and brought them back to our house, as if we were on our way to work and school.  Only on this morning, Rutherford Taxi was waiting in the driveway and Bri had a Hannah Montana bag packed to the brink with her "airplane stuff".  She just turned 7 last month, and this would be her first time on a plane.

It was great to see the excitement of her first flight light up her face.  She made me count how many times I had flown, which I had some trouble remembering.  She always finds it interesting that I lived in Hawai'i and had to fly back and forth.  However, the BEST part of the airport was clearing up a year old dispute she and I had.  As her "Auntie"  I feel it necessary to tease her every now and then.  The result of which is she rarely believes me when I am telling her the truth.  Case in point: she did not believe me when I told her that cats can fly on airplanes.  I looked it up, read her articles, still she would not believe me.  It took the nice man at the security check point to prove that I indeed, was not lying.

We had a very good flight and our transportation picked us up in Nassau without a problem.  The drive to Harborside Resort at Atlantis was a bit long but it gave us a nice glimpse of the islands.

Nassau