dinner at Misquamicut Beach

South Kingstown Travel Blog

view from the deck at Ocean Mist

After that, we drove about a half an hour west to Ocean Mist bar in the town of South Kingstown.  Again, we sat at a table on the deck, but this one was a balcony hovering about 10 or 15 feet above the beach.  Wile the tide was still high at the time we arrived, we could see through the floorboards that the water flowed underneath us.  Hungry again, my uncle had the $2 special basket of Buffalo wings and I took a salad as my starter.  For dinner, we both ordered the Matunuck tuna sandwich, a hefty steak of grilled yellowtail tuna on a roll with lettuce, tomato, wasabi mayo (which, of course, I ordered mine without), and avocado salsa.

Around 20 of ten, we went back inside to see if a band would be performing.  It was open mic night, though, so we then went next door, across the town line into Matunuck, to check out The Joyce Family Pub for a minute and then hit the road for home.  We had more good laughs over the two-hour ride until he dropped me off.  I was home before midnight and in bed within an hour or two.  It had been a fun day and I was beat, so I fell asleep quickly.
ctjevans says:
haha, thanks Ted. yah, a lot of Native American words were used for naming places in New England centuries ago and they can still be challenging to spell and pronounce. this includes the names of some states, towns, colleges, and so on.
Posted on: Aug 01, 2008
ted332 says:
Misqua whaat? Matunuck sandwich! Hmm exotic blog... interesting...:)
Posted on: Aug 01, 2008