QUICK!

Lusaka Travel Blog

Righty-oh.  This is going to be about as long as I can type in eight minutes as the internet here is slow and a quick email home has taken priority, plus we're in a big rush.  Apologies for any crap spelling but I'm not really going to checking as I type.  Basically we've arrived safely in the wholly unremarkable city that is Lusaka, the capital of Zambia.  A safari type thing that we want only leaves weekly and there isn't one next week so we've had to completly rejig our plans for the first two weeks and as a consequence are aiming to be on a bus out of Lusaka in about half-an-hour.  Instead of going to Livingstone as was our original plan we are now off to the Lower Zambezi to say hello to some hippos and the like.
They really like their fried chicken and chips here.  Weather is awesome.  Sunny, reasonably but not too hot and theres a refreshing breeze.  From what we've seen Africa seems to be quite vast in everyway.  Zambia is rather expensive so we don't know how long we'll be here for.  basically things are costing similar to what they would in the UK, but you can imagine how tough that makes life for people on tiny salaries.  Petrol is even more expensive so getting around ain't cheap.  Having said that, everybody here is really warm and friendly.  its not some kind of major tourist cliche.  Its also hard to do anything round here.  They are not geared up for tourism in the way that South Am was, so sorting everything out is tough and time-consuming.  They also don't seem to have a concept of restaurants where you go for a nice meal.  Though fried chicken places are in abundance.  Mosi beer is very nice, its their local lager.  Apologies to people I was going to send proper emails to but it'll have to wait until we're back froms safari which will be Sunday or Monday sometime I guess.  Hope all is well, best way to contact me will be hotmail or comments here as these two sites are the priorities when it comes to internet cafes that are rather slow.

Adios Amigos