San Francisco - Shanghai

Shanghai Travel Blog

On way to Hangzhou in the bus

Day 1: gathered at Dinkelspeil Auditorium to load on to bus to SFO Airport. Got my T-shirt, my third itinery(Travel Bible). Since I left one week earlier than SSC (Stanford Chorus) and travled with SSO (Stanford Orchestra), so I got to tour three extra cities: Hangzhou, Xian and Guilin. I was very excited, did not finish packing till 1a in the morning, but still, when I arrived Shanghai Hyatt Regency, I found I forgot my belt.
Yes, I stayed at Hyatte Regency in Pudong, the 88 fl tower building, the first high-rise building in Pudong. I had my own room, with marble bathtub, marble shower,  floor and counter top. A wet bar, and two-double beds. It was WOW!!!
Day 2:Due to leaving for Hangzhou at the mid-day, I did not unpacked. Could not sleep, due to jetleg, I got up and went to the gym. The gym has glass window all over, overlooking the Pudong City, The Pearl Tower and Huang Pu River. It's a bit misty, they said their was a typhoon coming, that's why Shanghai area was raining. I walked on tredmill for about 30 minutes and checked the jaccuzi, WOW! is the word! a huge hot tub and with no one in there. I was not prepared for a jaccuzi, just took off my clothes and jumped in, I had the entire room by myself.
When I got back to my room and get ready for breakfast, their was newspaper on my doorstep and it's wrap in "newspaper bag".

photo by: Chokk