Last Couple of Days

Cheongju Travel Blog

View from top of building

Upon finishing a run the next day I ran to the top of the building I was staying in where you can step out onto the roof and get a view of the mountains the Ramada and various other buildings with their neon advertising signs. That night we went Bowling but the Korean’s there took it a bit seriously and it wasn’t great to be honest I still feel its one of the worst options for a date as you constantly have to cut conversations short to bowl.

In the morning we went into downtown Cheong Ju and made a wish on the wishing stones before visiting a Buddhist temple.

As there were people worshiping we thought it best not to enter the buildings but looking through the door you could see a giant bronzed Buddha.

wishing stones
From the river near to the temple you could a see a giant LCD tv advert screen.

In one of the subways there was an underground shopping center but it appears the town is dead until at least 11am on a weekday as all the shops were closed. Unlike the UK there appeared to be no main street with various shops such as converse and McDonalds scattered around. After getting back to near where Fiona lived we bought an Iced Coffee from the Family Mart and eat Paris Baguette (yes again!) for lunch.

That night we headed for a meal at the Ramada I had salmon at 33,000 won and Fiona had a rib eye steak at 40,000 won there was an awesome view over outskirts Cheong-ju from 21st floor and it really did feel like we were quite rich as we supped our chardonnay at 9,000 won glass while listening to a female Korean singer singing songs from the 80’s with a screen showing Christina Aguilera behind her. The morning after me and Fiona said our emotional goodbyes and I headed back to the UK.
buddhist temple