First Night Out

Cheongju Travel Blog

Me and Fi Buzz bar

That night we went for food close to wear Fiona lived hoping that it would be a bar it turned out to be a restaurant and so we had a quick sit down meal before we headed into Cheong Ju downtown to get the drink on! I choose what I thought was a pizza but it turned out to be a seriously spicy sausage and vegetable mix which was not helped by Fi having made a much better choice of sausage chicken and chips which she happily enjoyed while laughing at my misfortune!

The taxi into town was relatively cheap only 5000 won which is approximately £2.50. There are only 3 real bars in Cheong Ju (well that Fiona knew of anyway) the Road King which is a biker type bar, Pearl Jam and the Buzz Bar all of these places though are full of American and British teachers along with young Korean’s looking to improve their English. The Buzz bar had a pool table and a fuzz ball table and I managed to annoy Fiona by being too competitive and beating her at both (she’s just a sore loser really!) Drinks were relatively cheap and it was turning into a relatively cheap and sober night until we got onto the Jagermeister and tequila’s! After drinking too much we went for an obligatory calorie hit and Fiona bought some of the most delicious potato chips I have ever tasted. Dr Oetker chips and there magnificence is greatened bt the fact that it says on the packet that they are supposed to be for people trying to lose weight!

Cheongju