Day 3 275 miles Total: 1161 miles

Sioux Falls Travel Blog

Day 3 Beautiful weather.
Off to a somewhat better start at around 10am but it was refreshing to know that our tents survived the evening. We packed up our tents and gear and headed for Sioux Falls, SD. Not too long of a drive. We decided to make the driving days a little less milage intensive since it’s not fun to be stuck in a car all day.

However, the day was uneventful. We made it to the KOA at around 4pm to get a prime spot of grass under a tree because the temperature today was around 96 degree. It was hot. We set up camp and met some very nice people camping next to us from Washington state.

There was an awesome sunset that evening. I can’t remember the last time I appreciated a sunset or even saw a sunset. Which is funny because I hear they happen every night. WIth the abrupt change in my life, quitting my job to move to Europe and taking this vacation with my dad, seems I have a little more time to enjoy the natural beauties around that usually go unnoticed or taken for granite.

kayguarnay says:
wow this was a fast trip! Will you finish the story about your journey? I imagine you're already in Europe, but it would be great to read if you've gotten to the West Coast! I liked your blog.
Posted on: Sep 30, 2009