Lori and I, Beer Drinking and Hell Raising in Vermont.

Burlington Travel Blog

Vermont Brewery.
Lori and Tori and I were great friends during our freshmen year at Texas A&M University at Galveston.  We ran all around together and got along like peas and carrots.  Lori and Tori lived together in the dorms for a semester, and when Lori left Galveston after our first year, they kept up like sisters, catching up in various parts of New England and following Phish around.  To begin our Sophomore year, Tori and I moved into a big house with two other guys and we ended up continuing to live as housemates for another year after that.  Tori was one of my very best friends in Galveston.  I hadn't seen Lori since the 5-day New Years 2000 Phish concert at Big Cypress in Florida.  Tori and I hadn't seen each other since I visited her in Vermont during the summer of 2000 when I worked in Massachusetts for the summer after I graduated.
  It had been a while.

Lori and I made plans to be each other's date at Tori's wedding and planned on arriving a few days early to catch up with Tori and Leigh, and a few days later to hike around the area and make a visit to Boston and another old college friend of ours.  We flew into Hartford, Connecticut and rented a car.  I drove us straight up to Burlington where we proceeded to get lost and until we found ourselves at a brewery.  That would do well to foreshadow the rest of our week together:  trying not to get lost and finishing it all up with adult beverages.  We never lost our way to the bar.

We finally met Tori, and after a stop for another beer or two at a bar, and another stop at a store for a couple of bottles of wine and a 12er, we made it to Tori and Leigh's house where we discovered that we all got along like peas and carrots just like the old days.  I'd like to think we got along like microbrews and green mountains, which may be a bit better of an association to describe the events of our little vacation.
Burlington