MY KINDEY FOR A PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE

Baja California Travel Blog

I MISS MY PRECIOUS SUGAR FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES :P

AHHHHHHHHHHH we are finally here, it was a smooth and traffic free 450 freeway to San Pedro.  It was on a Sunday as well. Everybody has already arrived and at their labor day weekend vacay. No one was on the road. We all took the blue shuttle bus from Hollywood to San Pedro.  It saved us from dealing with airport security.

It was another annual family vacay. It was my mum, my cousin, John (moneymaker), his gf, Ashley (sky_is _the_limit), his parents, my cousin, James’ (islanderinla) parents, 4 family friends, and me :D a grand total of 12 people.
OUR CABIN

Our cabins are not ready, we all just killed time at the dining area to arrange to have all of us sit together and also had some tea and coffee while we do so. We were all hungry. short thereafter our cabins are ready. We needed to drop off our belongings then head up to deck 9 to eat lunch. My cabin is cute as always, unfortunately, there is no window this time. I don’t hang out in my room anyways unless I am sleeping.

The buffet is yummy and overwhelming as always. I bee lined to the dessert area.  I did not try the other desserts. I was looking forward to the sugar free peanut butter cookies. They have the best sugar free cookies I have ever had. There was a sugar free key lime mouse which I am not a big fan of the pie. I tried it anyway. It was not bad and tolerable.

The boat was not scheduled to set sail until 5pm. I went to deck 10 on the aft part of the ship to watch us leave.
REDRUM REDRUM REDRUM
  I enjoy watching the boat leave. I took some photos leaving the port and the Vincent Thomas bridge, which is in the movie GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS when Nicolas Cage’s character deflected  his mustang Shelby over cars and trucks.

Between that and before dinner, We just lounged near the pool and jumped in the spa. Shortly thereafter, John, Ashley and I just walked around all the decks to get familiar with all the different lounges. I also needed to know how close we are to the dining room and windjammer (buffet room). Both we discovered was nearby, it was an elevator away. There is always food wherever we turned. However, I took a bowl of sugar free peanut butter cookies with me in case a have the midnight munchies. I would rather eat that than fries and hamburgers at deck 9 at the solarium café.
EVIL DESSERTS

We had second seating, which started at 8:30pm, cruises’ are notorious to have you over eat. I always over in “2’s”, 2 appetizers, 2 entrée and 2 desserts, Sometimes one of each depending on the protein and if I like the sugar free dessert, and tonight I ordered just that.

Smoked fish tapenade �" sweet onions, tangy capers and fresh herbs complement this fish dish; served with a golden brown crostini.

Vidalia onion tart �" sweet Vidalia onions combined with nutty gruyere cheese, then in a buttery crust: served with a leek fondue and sautéed red pepers.

Fillet of atlantic cod �" broiled fish fillet served with chef’s choice of vegetables

Slow-roasted prime rib �" juicy cut of beef with tasty horseradish jus and baked potato

Savarin �" luscious sponge cake soaked in grand marnier syrup and finished with fresh fruit and mango coulis

Sugar �" free chocolate pot de creame �" rich chocolate cream perfumed with a hint of coffee

WOOHOO looking forward to go to Cabo for the dolphin swim....
HMM BASMATI RICE
HMM BASMATI RICE
EVIL DESSERTS
KEY LIME MOUSE AND MY EVIL SUGAR F…
KEY LIME MOUSE AND MY EVIL SUGAR …
Smoked fish tapenade
Smoked fish tapenade
Vidalia onion tart
Vidalia onion tart
Fillet of atlantic cod
Fillet of atlantic cod
Slow-roasted prime rib
Slow-roasted prime rib
Sugar – free chocolate pot de cr…
Sugar – free chocolate pot de c…
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE