MY DREAM TO SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS COMES TRUE!!!!

Cabo San Lucas Travel Blog

YESSSSSS FINALLY!!!!!

I booked our dolphin encounter with CABO DOLPHINS, it is walking distance from the port. I had a looooooong night of dancing on the boat. i only had 4hrs sleep. I quickly eat breakfast with my mum. We had to ride a tender to port, since our boat is too large to dock. It was a beautiful and picture perfect side of the VISION OF THE SEAS. WOW it was 9am and i was already hot. it was 90 degrees however, it felt like it was 120 because of the humidity EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. It was hotter than vegas.

OMG WOW i can't wait to drive in the huge pool. We had to write a waiver before jumping in.
I was already wearing my bikini. We all had to wear life vests. We all were a small group of 6. We were all introduced to Emilia, the dolphin; she is a 10 years old. She is so beautiful. We all took turns petting her. NOW I KNOW WHAT DOLPHIN SKIN FEELS LIKE :D We all were educated from the trainer about dolphins. The experience was incredible. I enjoyed ever moment of it. We all took turns having our photos taken individually. I had a few and so did my mum. The trainer asked 2 people to swim to the middle of the pool to hold up a wooden rod for Emilia to jump over it. It was so cool, mum and I had our photos taken.  WOW Emilia jumped so high above us. Afterwards, the trainer asked us if we want a dorsal fin or flipper ride or fast or slow. You know me I wanted the dorsal fin and fast.  One of the girls was first, she had an awesome ride.
HOLIDAY CARD MOMENT
When she returned, she gave us the tip that her bikini bottom was slipping. That she suggested to TRY to cross your legs HAHAHA. one of the other girls bikini top fell off HAHAHA. she quick recovered. I did not see a thing. Then again she had NO BOOBS HAAHAHA. I swam to the farthest part of the pool. The trainer said to slap the water once to let Emilia know where I am. The trainer said to grab on tight.  WOOHOO SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! As you can see on the look on my face, I had a blast.

We all took turns kissing Emilia and Emilia kissing us. Mum wanted to be different. She did not want a kiss; she wanted Emilia to hug her instead. HAHAHA that was so cute. More photo ops of course. We all did not want get out of the pool. It was effing hot. I am glad I had sun block. I did not want to get dark. We quickly changed and were anxious to see our photos.
YAY!!!!

OMG I about freaked out when I saw the prices of the photos. 8 photos were $100. 16 photos were $150. All of the photos of the 6 people were $200. Geeez they really wanted to get the 16 photos, cuz between mum and I we had 12 photos. I had to pick the best ones. I only bought with both of us and solo with Emilia. The “kissing” and “hugging” photos were not found which we were bummed out. Those were the best photos too :(

Afterwards, we had a 2 hour boat ride to El Arco de Cabo San Lucas or Lands End, Cabo San Lucas is a distinctive rock formation at the southern tip of Cabo San Lucas, which is itself the extreme southern end of Mexico's Baja California Peninsula. The arch is usually known as El Arco.
MUM

The boat was so rocky that I feel asleep the last 1hour of the trip. There was plenty of glass bottom boat rides, people kayaking, and jet skiing. There were few people snorkeling as well.  While we on board, there was 2 fishing rods on each side of the boat. Then I heard I yell, in Spanish, “WE GOT CAUGHT SOMETHING”.  We slowed the boat down to not have the fish be dragging. I knew it was either tuna or a dorado. After 10mins, both poles caught a medium size blue tuna. That was bonus HAHAHA, too bad that was not part of the trip, fresh cooked tuna. The boat had its own BBQ pit. Thanked god we were under an overhang. I did not want to get dark. It was bad enough I had a tan side already. UGH

After the boat ride, we still had plenty of time. We just needed to be back on the boat by 5pm.
WHOA
My mum wanted to go back to the boat to cool off and take a nap before dinner.  i walked to other side of Cabo  to check out CABO WABO and maybe HARD ROCK CAFÉ if I have time to walk there. It is further than cabo wabo. I only had 2 hours to spare.  Sven (svenman99) requested a t-shirt from hard rock café. Since I will be seeing him at the VEGAS MEETUP in 2 weeks, he asked if I had time to pick him up a t-shirt.

I was about a 30min walk to cabo wabo. I went to a few stores and took photos of the city. It was clean town. Plenty of shops, restaurants, and bars of course that is all you mainly do in Cabo besides laying out on the beach.  I was walking towards cabo wabo, then I saw something shocking and excited in the same time.
DREAM COME TRUE
When I saw it, I can hear angels sing in the background. This the first time I have ever seen a standalone THRIFY’S ICE CREAM SHOP that only serves ice cream, NO PHARMACY, NO PHOTOS ….zip.  I was so excited the guys near store was looking at me like am crazy.

I went inside I asked the lady if she had “NO ASUCAL” in the ice cream. YAY!!! She said only one, vanilla. I had 2 scoops for 30 pesos or $3. I had a huge smile on my face. What a perfect day, swimming with dolphins and Thrifty’s ice cream. Then walked towards cabo wabo, where there was more vendors and mini tequila bars. Since I was by myself, I did not want to order a margarita or a shot of the famous cabo wabo tequila. I just took photos of the place and memorabilia of Sammy Hagar.

I was not looking at the time. I had an hour left before getting back to the boat.
HAHAHA
It was another 20min walk to hard rock café and it was effing hot. SORRY SVEN, I COULD NOT GET YOUR SHIRT :( I had to walk fast to get there on time. I was sweating buckets. I am so glad I still had sun block on me. Although, my face was red EEEEEEEEEEEEEK, I know my face will be dark.  PHEW, I got it on time.

I was looking forward to go back to the boat to briefly go swimming or jump in the spa before dinner. I ran into John and Ashley in the tender. We all went to the pool together to cool off. GEEEZ so effing hot, and Ashley wanted to go rock climbing before dinner. I just watched and recorded on video instead.

Woo hoo it’s dinner time…….

Scallop risotto �" delicate sea scallops enchanced by the charred sweetness of corn, served over a creamy mascarpone risotto.
VISION OF THE SEAS

Fillet of atlantic cod �" broiled fish fillet served with chef’s choice of vegetables

Lamb shank with rosemary �" succulent lamb shank, flavored with a hint of rosemary and served with oven-roasted vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes.

Warm chocolate cake �" with complemented by milk chocolate sauce and sweet roasted pears.

Tiramisu �" this creamy dessert combines the best of several worlds: mascarpone, espresso, kahlua

After dinner, I danced the night away with Damon……

Cabo Wabo is the name of three nightclubs and restaurants located in Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico, in Harvey's Lake Tahoe in Stateline, Nevada, and Fresno, California as well as a popular brand of tequila, all founded by rock musician Sammy Hagar, the second lead singer to VAN HALEN.

Cantina

Hagar, already a successful rock musician, visited the Mexican town of Cabo San Lucas in the early 1980s. Hagar joined the band Van Halen in 1985 after the departure of its former singer, David Lee Roth. Seeking a place for himself and his friends to relax and play music, he convinced the Van Halen members to partner in opening a large bar, restaurant, and performance space. The cantina was originally a financial failure, leading Hagar to buy out his band-mates. Under new management, the bar became popular with both locals and tourists as the town quickly grew into a major resort. In 2004, after plans fell through to open in Las Vegas, Nevada, Hagar opened a second location in the basement of the historic Harveys casino on the South Shore of Lake Tahoe. A third location was opened in Fresno, California in 2008.
CARNIVAL BOAT WITH ARCH ROCK

Hagar claims he coined the name after watching a man walk unsteadily along a local beach. Using the town's nickname, Cabo (which means "cape" in Spanish), and shortening "wobble" to "wabo" he said of the man that he was doing the "Cabo wabo". In 1988 he wrote a song of that name for Van Halen's 1988 album OU812. In 1990 he hired Noel Vestri an innovator in computer graphic designs through Van's Tennis Shoes to design a logo which is used today.

Tequila

In the late 1990s Hagar began selling his patrons a house brand of hand-made tequila he commissioned from a family-owned distillery in the state of Jalisco. In 1999 a wine importer from Napa Valley began to import the tequila in to the United States. An instant success, sales rose from 37,000 cases the first year to 140,000 cases in 2006, making it the second-best selling premium tequila in the United States.
ARCH ROCK

In May, 2007 it was announced that Hagar would sell an 80% interest in Cabo Wabo Tequila to Gruppo Campari, the world's seventh-largest spirits company, for $80 million. Skyy Spirits of San Francisco, a vodka producer and subsidiary of Milan's Gruppo Campari, planned to market Cabo Wabo globally, with continued participation by Hagar. Gerry Ruvo, president and chief executive of Skyy Spirits, said, "Sammy has done a fantastic job building the brand, so we are going to obviously spend time with him and work with him to continue our efforts to take the brand to an even larger level, both here in the U.S. and, more important, globally." Ruvo said Great Britain, Spain, Australia, Southeast Asia, Japan, Germany and Italy are considered key expansion markets for Tequila.

Cabo San Lucas (popularly known as just 'Los Cabos' - along with San José del Cabo - in Mexico and 'Cabo' in the United States) is a small city at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula at, in the municipality of Los Cabos in the state of Baja California Sur, Mexico.
TUNA!!!!
As of the 2005 census, the population was 56,811 people. It is the largest community in Los Cabos municipality, and the second-largest in Baja California Sur, after La Paz.

Cabo San Lucas is quickly becoming a high-end holiday destination with a number of resorts and timeshare clubs appearing along the coast between San Lucas and San José del Cabo.

History

It is thought that the first humans came to the southern end of the peninsula 14,000 years ago. When the first Europeans arrived, nomadic groups of Pericú survived on a subsistence diet based on the gathering of fruit, seeds, roots, and shellfish, as well as hunting and fishing. They lived a Neolithic lifestyle, without metals.

The Town's Founding

According to Hatsutaro's narrative contained in the book Kaigai Ibun, when he arrived to Cabo San Lucas, on May 1842, this place consisted of only two houses and about twenty inhabitants.
TUNA!!!!!
However, American authors like Henry Edwards and J. Ross Browne claim that Cabo San Lucas' founder was an Englishman named Thomas Ritchie, aka Old Tom Ritchie. J. Ross Browne says that the Ritchie arrived to Cabo around 1828, while Henry Edwards says that he died around October 1874. On the web check Tres Semanas en Mazatlán

At the beginning of the 20th century a fishing village began to develop in that area. In 1917, an American company built a floating platform to catch tuna, and ten years later founded the Compañía de Productos Marinos, S.A., which gave rise to the village.

The Development Rush

The warmth of the waters at Cabo San Lucas, the beauty of its beaches, the abundance of sport fish, and other qualities, motivated a great number of both foreign and Mexican vacationers to spend their vacations in large-scale tourist developments there, starting from 1974 when the Mexican government created the infrastructure to turn Cabo San Lucas into one of the most attractive centers for tourism in Mexico.

Tourism

Cabo San Lucas has become an important vacation and spa destination, with a great variety of sites of interest, and timeshares that have been built on the coast between San Lucas and San José del Cabo. The distinctive El Arco de Cabo San Lucas is a local landmark. Cabo San Lucas has the largest Marlin tournament in the world. In the winter, pods of whales can be observed in the ocean. They bear their calves in the warm waters there.

Cabo San Lucas and San José del Cabo are served by Los Cabos International Airport. The town is also a popular port of call for many cruise ships. Cabo San Lucas has a small international airfield, which handles air traffic for general aviation flights and air taxi service.

In 1990, rocker Sammy Hagar of Van Halen, opened a nightclub and restaurant, The Cabo Wabo Cantina with the three other members of Van Halen.
CABO WABO
In the mid-nineties he bought out the other owners, his band-mates, and assumed complete ownership of the club. To this day it is one of the most popular attractions in Cabo San Lucas.[citation needed] He is known to play live at the club at least once a year with his band, The Wabos on his birthday, October 13th, and shows often include many famous guests and friends from the music industry.

Other clubs in Cabo include El Squid Roe, The Zoo, Gigglin Marlin, NoWhere Bar, Tiki bar, and The Jungle Bar.

The Corridor

Cabo San Lucas' raucous party atmosphere and San Jose’s laid-back colonial style are bridged by a golf course-and resort-studded Tourist Corridor that stretches between the twin towns in 20 miles of pristine white sand beaches and craggy coves.

Exclusive hotels and gated residential communities attracting a wide clientèle of rich and famous weave seamlessly amid this wondrous landscape and comprise this region known as “the Corridor”.
SUSHI TIME
Many of these properties, which are considered some of Latin America’s top resorts, have become havens to Hollywood stars, Fortune 500 C.E.O.s and even the U.S. president during the 2002 Asia-Pacific Economic Conference (APEC). High-end resorts in the Corridor include the One and Only Palmilla, Esperanza and Las Ventanas.

IT'S IS ZIP LINE TIME IN MAZATLAN......WOOHOO

mellemel8 says:
YAY trino!!! can't wait to see the pics :)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2008
JTrinoG says:
Ooohhhh I'm going to do that too!!!! Yeay!
Posted on: Nov 14, 2008
sassylassie22 says:
Great blog! Beautiful pics! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! Congrats on being featured! :)
Posted on: Sep 10, 2008
HANGOVER BAR & GRILL
HANGOVER BAR & GRILL
SUBWAY!!!
SUBWAY!!!
DOES BUBBA GUMP KNOW ABOUT THIS!??…
DOES BUBBA GUMP KNOW ABOUT THIS!?…
WHERE TO GO?!?!